Physician Assistant Job In San Antonio, Texas
Cardiovascular Surgery Physician AssistantNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Jordan Brown: Sign in to view
Exciting opportunity for Cardiovascular Surgery Physician Assistant to join the Baptist Health Network!
Under the direction of a physician, provides direct patient care including gathering detailed history and performing physical exams.
Performs or orders tests and interprets results.
Administers therapeutic procedures as directed.
Instructs on care and maintains written charts and records on patients.
Maintains appropriate manual and electronic records (EMR).
Requires thorough and complete understanding of medical care practices, policies and procedures in order to function in area of Cardiovascular and Thoracic surgery.
Requires the visual and manual dexterity and physical ability to meet the essential functions of the position. Such manual dexterity requires ability to perform independently procedures as defined by supervising physician that include, but not limited to:
- Conduit procurement for coronary artery bypass surgery including:
1. endoscopic and open saphenous vein harvest,
2. endoscopic and open radial artery harvest
- Arterial line placement (radial and femoral approach)
- Central line placement
- Pulmonary artery catheter placement and monitoring
- Placement of, and removal of, intra-aortic balloon
- Placement and removal of chest tubes
And ability to competently first-assist in Cardiovascular and Thoracic operations that include:
- Coronary Bypass Surgery
- Valve Surgery
- Aortic Surgery: Ascending / Descending/ Abdominal
- Thoracic Surgery: Neoplastic / Non-neoplastic lung and esophageal disease
- Cardiac, Vascular and Thoracic Trauma
- Peripheral Vascular Surgery
The minimum number of procedures required for credentialing purposes will vary based on the judgment of the supervising physician, who bears ultimate responsibility for the outcome of all procedures.
Required Experience: 1-3 years CVT Surgical Experience; 1 year EVH Experience
Preferred Experience: ICU, OR, Open Heart recovery, hospital rounding, consults, chest tubes, pacer wires, etc.
Required: Graduate of Accredited PA program
Required: PA licensure; BLS/ACLS; DEA eligible
Benefits Offered: Medical Dental, Vision, 20 Days Time Off, 401k, Malpractice, Sign On Bonus, CME allowance
SA is a matchless community due to its influential and culturally unique flavors. The rich, historic comes alive with art, architecture and music. Once known for its commitment to tradition, San Antonio has emerged as a revitalized city and is said to be the poster child of what flourishing American cities will become. The regeneration of urban space has created an iconic way of life, with popular areas such as The Pearl and ‘Southtown.’ These are major examples of how the City is revolutionizing its appeal by recreating historic architecture with contemporary modernization. Young professionals, established businesses and innovative movements can all find their niche of endless possibilities in this thriving environment to project their ideas and ambitions
As the 7th largest growing metropolitan city in the nation, San Antonio’s well established, diverse community of healthcare and medical service providers - comprised of hospitals, physicians and other specialty providers - form a strong foundation for the well-known major medical hub. An excellent business climate and an attractive, affordable lifestyle contribute to the cities low cost of living. As a community that truly provides the good life, it’s no wonder why people are attracted to the lifestyle.
· Population has grown by 11.75% from 2010-2016; expecting 1 million to relocate into SA by 2040
· Only US city with a AAA bond rating - financially strong infrastructure and resilient economy
· Multiple school districts awarded and/or nominated for Excellence in Education
· 120,000 jobs were added in 2016 - Military, Biosciences and Financial Services fields
· Popular family friendly activities - Six flags Fiesta Texas, SeaWorld, The Alamo, The River Walk
· Recreational areas include nature parks, rivers, botanical gardens, hiking trails and scenic drives into the hill country
· Home to the NBA champs San Antonio Spurs!
Northeast Baptist Hospital is part of the Baptist Health System in San Antonio and one of six area hospitals. Extensive network includes imaging centers, health wellness, rehab facilities, urgent care and woman’s health centers. 239-bed hospital rated number one in San Antonio by US News. Nationally recognized for high-performance in Chronic Pulmonary Disease, Colon Cancer Surgery, Heart Failure and Hip/knee replacement.