Mental Health Counselor Job In Las Vegas, Nevada
School Support Specialist - (Las Vegas, Nevada, United States)
This job was posted 5 days ago. Be one of the first applicants.
Business: Boys Town
$1,500 Hiring Bonus!
LIFT Together with Boys Town is a community-based partnership that addresses the complex underlying familial issues that prevent children from succeeding and provides preventative services in order to generate community-wide impact. The partnership works closely with teachers and administrators in the Las Vegas-area schools to identify those children in need of help as soon as possible.
Job Summary: In a career as a School Support Specialist, you will provide administrative intervention for students utilizing a behavioral approach to promote learning, while providing assistance to students and families in accessing education and community services.
- Receives students from classrooms or office whenever necessary to address behavioral or attendance problems and de-escalates inappropriate behavior utilizing prescribed administrative intervention procedures.
- Works with students, families, and schools to encourage resolution of problems.
- Confers with school administrators, faculty, counselors, and other student support workers regarding student needs and behaviors.
- Communicates with other professionals regarding individual student needs and progress; provides information to BT staff, parents or guardians, and school staff regarding student behavior and consequences.
- Conducts informational meetings and classroom observations.
- Establishes and maintains informational records and files; collects data for tracking purposes and analyzes and reports on data as needed.
- Interacts with students and families to provide information and assistance about attendance and academic expectations and requirements, available resources, educational opportunities, and behavioral expectations.
- Supports students and families by providing guidance on how to identify, access, and fully utilize district, school, and community resources.
- Makes referrals to outside agencies and BT programs.
- Maintains assigned cases, making home visits as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent is preferred.
- Previous experience including experience with learning disabled or behaviorally impaired learners. Previous experience in a classroom or school is preferred.
- Ability to successfully teach and present behavior skills and material to students.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to communicate in an articulate, professional manner while maintaining necessary degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to build relationships with school personnel, youth, and families.
About Boys Town Nevada:
Boys Town Nevada opened its doors in 1991, bringing an innovative approach to child and family care and directly serving more than 2,000 children in the Las Vegas area each year.
The opportunity to shape the future of America’s youth is only one of the many perks here at Boys Town Nevada. Our team is dedicated to creating a work culture that can be celebrated through events such as team outings to Las Vegas Aviators baseball games, frequent staff potlucks and an annual awards ceremony for all staff. Outside of this, Boys Town Nevada was recently honored as Partner of the Year by the Clark County School District. Everyone may dream of winning big in Vegas, but on the northern edge of the city, there’s another world-famous place where winning has a different meaning. At Boys Town Nevada, kids and family’s triumph over their troubles and find new hope for the future.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include medical, dental and vision insurance, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: October 8, 2021
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
What would happen if you could ?improve circumstances for those who are suffering from abuse, addiction, abandonment or violence, so they could reach their potential?
That is the question Boys Town has spent a century answering. It is what inspired and drove our founder, Father Edward J. Flanagan, and it continues to motivate our mission to this day.
Boys Town believes today, as our founder did 100 years ago, that every child deserves a future, every family deserves to stay together and every community deserves to thrive. And we believe that all of these things should be achievable without regard to race, religion or background.
So, for the young man dodging gunfire on the streets just to get to school, the family torn apart by substance abuse, and the community crumbling from neglect and social disorder, Boys Town offers hope. But we offer hope as more than just an abstract concept; we substantiate it with programs and solutions grounded in our deep experience and supported by our decades of research.
Though we have grown to become a national organization that reaches communities from coast to coast, and our scope has expanded to include in-home family counseling, health care and programs to rebuild at-risk schools, Boys Town remains forever driven by our founder’s singular vision. And with your help, we will do so well into our second century and beyond.