Emergency Medicine Job In Asheville, North Carolina
Emergency Medicine Residency Program Director Opportunity in Asheville, North CarolinaNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Job Summary:Mission Health is seeking an emergency medicine program director for their new GME program in Asheville, NC.
- Board certified in Emergency Medicine
- Must have served as core faculty for the last 3 years in an ACGME-accredited facility
- Must be willing to spend 50% of time on program administration and 50% of time teaching / clinically
- Must have educational/administrative experience in the past 3 years, such as the following:
- assistant/associate residency program director or site director
- experience serving on the program’s Clinical Competency Committee, Program Evaluation Committee or Graduate Medical Education Committee, or serving as a fellowship program director
- holding a leadership role in the program, such as the Chair of the department, Chair of the CCC, Research Director, etc.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Employed position with PSG
- Impressive compensation package including bonus potential
- Comprehensive corporate benefits package including health and 401k
- Relocation assistance available
About Mission Health:
- Western NC’s flagship hospital licensed for 815 beds
- Regional referral center for tertiary and quaternary care and the region’s only Level II trauma center
- New 630,000 square foot North Tower, including state-of-the-art 94-bed emergency department
- 220-bed acute and critical care facility
- 29 ORs and 3 daVinci surgical robots
Whether you enjoy outdoor adventures, arts and culture, live music, shopping or fine cuisine, Asheville offers something for everyone! With over 200 waterfalls and four navigable rivers, hiking trails for all skill levels, fantastic terrain for both road and mountain bikes, it is no surprise that Asheville is consistently rated one of the top US places to live. Asheville is known not only for its dynamic food scene and microbreweries but also for ethnic and exotic dining at the area’s 250-plus independent restaurants. Asheville offers over 20 city and county public schools, a variety of faith-based schools with challenging curriculums as well as a number of private schools, including some of the best boarding schools in the US. Residents also enjoy easy access to air travel nearby in Asheville, Charlotte, NC and Greenville, SC.
While Asheville retains the charm and friendliness of a medium-sized city, it boasts the amenities of a much larger city. Theater, live music, festivals, excellent restaurants, diverse populations, art galleries, cultural diversions and museums abound. Eclectic art galleries, micro-breweries and cozy cafes can be found at every turn. A food lover's paradise, culinary offerings range from traditional southern comfort food to four-star cuisine. Asheville is also home to America's largest privately-owned home, the Biltmore Estate, and the historic Grove Park Inn. Downtown Asheville is pedestrian-friendly and dog-friendly, and the city's unique skyline of art-deco style buildings are surrounded by the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains.
Mission Hospital is a Level II Trauma Center licensed for 730 beds and serves as the tertiary referral center for Western North Carolina. Mission Hospital's Heart Services was named one of the nation's Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics in 2013. For the seventh consecutive year, Mission Health System was named as one of the nation's Top 15 Health Systems by Truven Health Analytics. Mission Health System also has been recognized by The Commonwealth Fund as having one of the most effective quality improvement programs in US hospitals.