Social Worker Job In Tampa, Florida
Clinical Social WorkerNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Heather Fronrath: Sign in to view
Clinical Social Worker
U.S. Medical Management (USMM) is an affiliate of a leading Fortune 100 company. A national organization built on a continuum of care with premier healthcare providers, clinicians and patient focused individuals working together. Our Mission – “Through Compassionate Patient-Centered Care in the Home; We will Provide Exceptional Outcomes across our Continuum of Services” – Visiting Physicians Association, Pinnacle Senior Care, Grace Hospice, Comfort Hospice, Home DME & our In Home Health Assessments (IHA).
Our Values of Integrity, Respect, Teamwork & Excellence are leading us to a better tomorrow for patient care. Our Purposes Centered on “We are Unified in our Work through our Continuum of Services” “We can Find Comfort that We are Making a Difference for our Patients” & “We make a Broader Positive Impact on Society”, allows USMM to be poised for a phenomenal future.
We are seeking candidates who desire the experience of delivering quality & compassionate healthcare within proven care models with patients at the forefront of everything we do.
Benefits We Have to Offer:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition Reimbursement
The Clinical Social Worker works collaboratively with the Care Team to provide care management services based on comprehensive assessments addressing an individual’s ability to maintain independence in the home, chronic care management, end of life decisions, cognitive/functional status, frequency acute care utilization, and a patient/caregiver support system.
Contributes to the care coordination for individuals with multiple social stressors and/or behavioral health concerns by utilizing screening criteria developed for the overall purpose of coordination of quality health care services, reduction of service fragmentation, enhancement of quality of life, and the appropriate use of health care and community resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a caseload of high risk socially complex patients
- Conduct face to face and telephonic psychosocial assessment with the patient and/or the caregiver
- Investigate psychological and social determinant barriers and design appropriate interventions to assist in closing gaps in care and needs
- Coordinate services to ensure the patient/family understands a treatment plan
- Provide outreach to community based services to support the patient’s ability to age at home
- Develop and implement shared goals of care with the patient and family
- Provide feedback to the home based primary care physician(HBPCP) to ensure he/she is aware of any early patient changes
- Participate in Multidisciplinary Care Planning Rounds
- Conduct additional psychosocial assessments as patient needs change
- Work with Community based agencies to develop relationships and provide appropriate resources to assist in maintaining patient independence
- Other duties/projects as assigned
- Participates in quality improvement activities aimed to improve patient-population outcomes and associated processes.
REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Social Work
- Current unrestricted Social Work License or Limited License with preceptor or must be a licensed and boarded CSW or become licensed and boarded within 1-year
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record
- 3 years of experience in Care Management in community based setting or equivalent
- The ability to use sound clinical judgment and communicate clearly in both written and verbal formats
- Above average computer skills
- Ability to be self-directed and able to communicate effectively with professional staff across many disciplines and programs
- Must have the ability to plan time effectively, balance multiple tasks, work within stringent time frames, resolve problems, identify patient service trends, determine system improvements, and implement change
- Ability to share expertise with others and demonstrates an understanding of the need to foster performance improvement while achieving patient satisfaction and efficiency
- Experience with the homebound population, managed care, ACO, medical home or integrated case management environment is preferred
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience working with the chronic, complex and/or behavioral health population
ADDITIONAL FLORIDA REQUIREMENTS
- Active CPR Certification
Reaching out to those in need is more than a career; it’s a calling.
Our care starts with our people. Our compassionate doctors are supported by skilled staff (medical assistants, practice managers, patient care coordinators, schedulers) all committed to delivering the best care for each and every patient.
No other physician practice offers the immediate resources of having such highly accredited laboratory (CAP), diagnostics & radiology, along with offering a full continuum of home health and hospice.
Beyond that, our internal resources of Operations, QA, Compliance, Clinical departments are all devoted to providing ongoing support complimenting each doctor and every office.
To provide compassionate, high quality medical care in the home
Respect - we will value others and treat them how they want to be treated
Integrity - we will be honest, transparent and do the right thing
Teamwork - we will create strong relationships that are founded in respect, sharing, and accountability
Excellence - we will strive to deliver the highest quality services through efficient processes