Medical Assistant Job In Troy, Michigan
Clinical Support Specialist Nights (EMT) (MA)Next Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Heather Fronrath: Sign in to view
Clinical Support Specialist
U.S. Medical Management (USMM) is an affiliate of a leading Fortune 100 company. A national organization built on a continuum of care with premier healthcare providers, clinicians and patient focused individuals working together. Our Mission – “Through Compassionate Patient-Centered Care in the Home; We will Provide Exceptional Outcomes across our Continuum of Services” – Visiting Physicians Association, Pinnacle Senior Care, Grace Hospice, Comfort Hospice, Home DME & our In Home Health Assessments (IHA).
Our Values of Integrity, Respect, Teamwork & Excellence are leading us to a better tomorrow for patient care. Our Purposes Centered on “We are Unified in our Work through our Continuum of Services” “We can Find Comfort that We are Making a Difference for our Patients” & “We make a Broader Positive Impact on Society”, allows USMM to be poised for a phenomenal future.
We are seeking candidates who desire the experience of delivering quality & compassionate healthcare within proven care models with patients at the forefront of everything we do.
Benefits We Have to Offer:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition Reimbursement
This job description for the position of Clinical Support Specialist entails handling telephone inquiries from patients, families, other physicians and other healthcare professionals relative to patient care questions or needs. Professional and efficient management of visitors, telephone calls, clerical duties and customer service for all supported business lines. Responsible for oversight of Home Health Certification, Recertification, census and care plan oversight activities. Renaming and redirection of faxes to the appropriate department to be processed in a timely manner according to company protocol.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives inquiries from patient/caregiver in a concerned and professional manner; documents all conversations/actions/outcomes in the patient chart
- Triages, interprets, documents and follows all protocols/processes outlined for all business lines.
- Assesses patient needs and communicates method of resolution via system
- Communicates medical need for patient visits to Scheduling Department. Reviews patient charts following visits and processes physician orders through appropriate home health agency and/or vendor
- Receives critical lab values report from lab and contacts VPA physician to ascertain follow up action.
- Notes physician orders in chart and completes action as directed
- Documents any complaint from patient or caregiver on designated form and takes immediate corrective action, if possible. Reports, in writing to supervisor
- Maintains patient confidentiality
- Triage, interpret, archive and rename medical records based on clinical urgency using standardized naming conventions and processes
- Communicate with all members of the health care team and office staff in the assigned service area
- Performs routine office tasks necessary for the operation and presentation of a professional office as observed by the supervisor
- Promptly, accurately, professionally and courteously receives all telephone calls and directs and or records/relays messages
- When on duty, ensures the reception station is staffed
- Provides on-site coordination of home health documentation. Interacts with Physicians, staff, patients/families, community agencies etc.
- Coordinates and oversees all direct home health paperwork provided by home health providers
- Home health coordination to assure referrals and paperwork for home health are properly and timely placed
- Exhibits excellent service behavior to all physicians, VPA staff, patients, caregivers and community vendor agencies during all encounters
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills that promote communication, collaboration, problem resolution, and team work
- Completes and submits all required documents and reports in a timely manner
- Collaborate with physician to ensure all potential Care Plan Oversight and care coordination billable minutes are captured
- Triage on-call and coordinates with provider and practice manager on patient follow up Skill in maintaining department quality assurance and control standards
- Completes additional tasks outside of the above responsibilities as assigned
REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- High School Diploma/GED
- 0-2 years of experience in coordination of patient care in office setting; preferably geriatric care
- Knowledge of compliance (including clinical records) of all local, state and federal laws regarding licensure and certification with Home Health Care compliance standards
- Familiar with home health care referral criteria and services
- Remains up to date about changes in the field of home health care; shares information with appropriate personnel
- Assures the coordination and delivery of home health services provided throughout the VPA practice
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent organization, communication and time management skills
- The ability to multi task, self-motivate, maintain a professional demeanor and dependability
- Ability to adapt to new systems as required and apply guidelines/ procedures
- Ability to analyze problems and resolve issues in a rapid, direct and complete manner
- Ability to assess importance of inquiry and to assign priority for resolution
- Skill in teamwork and maintaining relationships with patients, caregivers and coworkers
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Medical/Technical Certification or Practical Nursing License
- Experience with EMR highly
- Two or more years Customer Service Experience and health care experience
- Knowledge of USMM practice protocols for maintenance of patient charts, phone calls, customer service questions and other regulations regarding release of information
With more than 2000 employees across the country, USMM promotes an environment that is rooted in supporting the home-based, patient centered care that our family of companies provides.