Medical Assistant Job In Tampa, Florida
Medical AssistantNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Angeline McLamb: Sign in to view
U.S. Medical Management (USMM) is an affiliate of a leading Fortune 100 company. A national organization built on a continuum of care with premier healthcare providers, clinicians and patient focused individuals working together. Our Mission – “Through Compassionate Patient-Centered Care in the Home; We will Provide Exceptional Outcomes across our Continuum of Services” – Visiting Physicians Association, Pinnacle Senior Care, Grace Hospice, Comfort Hospice, Home DME & our In Home Health Assessments (IHA).
Our Values of Integrity, Respect, Teamwork & Excellence are leading us to a better tomorrow for patient care. Our Purposes Centered on “We are Unified in our Work through our Continuum of Services” “We can Find Comfort that We are Making a Difference for our Patients” & “We make a Broader Positive Impact on Society”, allows USMM to be poised for a phenomenal future.
We are seeking candidates who desire the experience of delivering quality & compassionate healthcare within proven care models with patients at the forefront of everything we do.
Benefits We Offer:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition Reimbursement
The Medical Assistant will assist the VPA Physician in the delivery of primary health care and patient care management in a residential setting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares daily route and drives Physician to scheduled visits
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment
- Takes vital signs
- Perform phlebotomy (venipuncture only) as ordered by a Physician
- Labels, stores, and properly packages specimens for delivery to lab
- Logs patient information for accurate processing and testing
- Logs information in compliance with CLIA standards
- Performs all clinical duties while observing OSHA and HIPAA requirements
- Assists Physician in preparing for minor surgeries and examinations
- Aids in communication and form signing with patient/caregivers
- Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatment (supply inventory, medical bag and car)
- Manages company vehicle with regard to cleaning and proper periodic maintenance schedule
- Manages gas receipts and mileage
- Maintains patient confidentiality
- Attends required meetings and in-services
- Other duties as required
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Full range body motion including handling/lifting patients
- Ability to drive up to 150 miles daily in urban and/or rural settings
- Ability to lift/carry items weighing up to 50 lbs
- Ability to read and understand road maps
- Sit or stand for long periods of time
REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Active CPR Certification
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record
- High School Diploma/GED
- Certificate of Completion from an accredited Medical Assistant, Phlebotomy, related medical education/training program or 3 years of experience serving as a Medical Assistant
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Certified Medical Assistant
- Six months of experience in patient care, preferably geriatric care
- Strong Phlebotomy skills
Reaching out to those in need is more than a career; it’s a calling.
Our care starts with our people. Our compassionate doctors are supported by skilled staff (medical assistants, practice managers, patient care coordinators, schedulers) all committed to delivering the best care for each and every patient.
No other physician practice offers the immediate resources of having such highly accredited laboratory (CAP), diagnostics & radiology, along with offering a full continuum of home health and hospice.
Beyond that, our internal resources of Operations, QA, Compliance, Clinical departments are all devoted to providing ongoing support complimenting each doctor and every office.
To provide compassionate, high quality medical care in the home
Respect - we will value others and treat them how they want to be treated
Integrity - we will be honest, transparent and do the right thing
Teamwork - we will create strong relationships that are founded in respect, sharing, and accountability
Excellence - we will strive to deliver the highest quality services through efficient processes