Emergency Medicine Job In Thousand Oaks, California
Emergency Medicine Program Director in CANext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Job Summary:Los Robles Hospital & Medical Center in Thousand Oaks, California, is searching for an Emergency Medicine Program Director candidate. Program Director would be responsible for the general administration, curriculum planning, recruitment, and teaching and supervision of the Emergency Medicine Residency Program (“EM Program” or “Program”) sponsored by Los Robles Hospital and Medical Center. The Program Director establishes the strategic direction of the Program and is responsible for the standards, quality and reputation of such. The Program Director is expected to support integration of the EM Program with physician practices and hospital clinical services in a manner that enhances value and quality, and that promotes an optimal environment for professional practice and medical education. This will be for the 2022-2023 year.
Responsibilities of the Program Director are as follows:
Dedicate no less than 87 hours per month to the administrative and educational activities of the educational program.
- Clinical Teaching and Supervision of Residents
- Core Program Clinical Teaching
- General Administration
- GME Committees/Meetings
- GME Lecturing/Teaching Conferences
- GME Recruiting/Interviewing
- GME Research/Scholarly Activity
- Resident Evaluation/Mentoring
- Program Evaluation
|About Los Robles Health System:|
Located in the heart of Thousand Oaks and one of the Conejo Valley’s largest employers, Los Robles Health System is consistently rated for high patient and physician satisfaction, the 382-bed facility is a regional destination for many services and boasts more than 600 physicians on staff representing 50 specialties:
-Level II Trauma Center, first and only in Eastern Ventura County
-Designated STEMI receiving center, only hospital in the state certified by both Los Angeles and Ventura Counties
- The only hospital certified in Los Angeles and Ventura counties as a STEMI-designated heart attack center for rapid heart attack response and is a certified Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Part of the HCA Healthcare family, Los Robles is welcoming its first class of Graduate Medical Education (GME) residents in July 2021. HCA Healthcare GME is the largest sponsor of residency and fellowship programs across the nation. As the program grows, it will include emergency medicine, general surgery, transitional care, neurology, and anesthesiology.
-Complete cardiovascular care with access to clinical trials, registries and experts in diagnostic, interventional, electrophysiology, cardiac surgery and cardiac rehab services
- The only Emergency room in both Los Angeles and Ventura Counties with the coveted EDAP (Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics) rating
- A 12-bed Pediatric Unit composed of 8 traditional pediatric beds and 4 pediatric intermediate medical care beds, providing specialized care for pediatric patients through age 17.
-Nationally recognized orthopedic and spine services accredited by The Joint Commission for total hip and knee replacement
-Women’s Services including 24/7 OB/GYN hospitalists for high-risk OB and a Level III NICU
-Multi-faceted oncology services with a full care team of specialists
For more information, visit www.LosRoblesHospital.com.
Thousand Oaks, California – As the second largest city in Ventura County and a premier place to live in the area, the community boasts a small town feel with all the amenities and access to major destinations in Southern California. The community is known as one of the safest cities and boasts the nation’s top schools, shopping and parks. With more than 150 miles of trails for walking, running and biking, there is something for everyone. The beach is only a short 60 minute drive away and is approximately 40 miles from Downtown Los Angeles.