OB Hospitalist Job In Orlando, Florida
OBGYN Generalist Faculty Hospitalists – Orlando FLNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
OBGYN Generalist Faculty Hospitalists – Orlando FL
The Orlando Health Medical Group invites you to explore our OBGYN Generalist Faculty opportunities within a thriving physician-led, growing healthcare system. We are seeking multiple full-time Physicians to provide comprehensive obstetric and gynecological care for all members of our community, with a passion for teaching within our fully accredited OBGYN Residency Program. These positions will provide coverage for Orlando Health Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women and Babies and in the outpatient setting, allowing for full scope generalist practice or specialization in just OB or GYN.
The Winnie Palmer OBGYN Generalist Faculty is structured in a hospitalist model with protected academic time monthly. We offer diverse clinical opportunities, to include a Women’s Triage department, providing surgical services, and managing over 4,000 deliveries per year with the residency team. Orlando Health provides robust operational support and resources in a collaborative work environment. Internal consultative partners include Maternal Fetal Medicine, Urogynecology, and Gynecologic Oncology, among others.
Teaching Hospitalist Practice Highlights:
· Flexible Schedule of 13 clinical and 1 academic shifts per month, inclusive of day, night, swing, and weekend coverage, with rotations in L&D, outpatient clinic, and GYN services.
· Teaching duties as faculty member for the Orlando Health Winnie Palmer Hospital OBGYN residency program and medical students from outside colleges.
· Participate in resident didactic sessions, Multidisciplinary Patient Safety Rounds, clinical research, and development of resident curriculum.
· Must be Board certified or board eligible in obstetrics and gynecology
· Preferred: 1-2 years of teaching experience. If recent residency graduate, significant experience with medical student teaching, research, and mentorship.
· Excellent compensation package, with an opportunity to make more with additional shifts and based on quality performance.
· Benefits package includes health/vision/dental insurance along with full malpractice coverage, disability coverage, deferred compensation, and retirement savings options.
· Generous sign-on bonus!
· No state income tax!
· Greater Orlando offers direct access to Florida’s world-famous theme parks and attractions.
· Our lifestyle options have something for everyone, from the downtown districts for those enjoying a trendy urban flair, to family-oriented communities with top rated public and private schools.
· We have ample outdoor activities including large public parks for your kids and pets, hiking and biking trails, abundant lake access for kayaking, fishing and paddleboarding, with Florida’s beautiful beaches only an hour away.
Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Babies is dedicated exclusively to the unique healthcare needs of women and babies in a caring, family-centered environment. An extraordinary Orlando Health facility, we are home to leading physicians, surgeons and specialists, as well as one of the nation’s largest and most successful neonatal intensive care units. Our physicians provide specialized care that covers all facets of women’s health, from comprehensive gynecological services and minimally invasive surgeries to obstetrics and high-risk pregnancies and births.
Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children and Orlando Health Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Babies is the largest facility dedicated to children and women in the United States. We have many strengths that make us a leader in women’s healthcare. Among them:
· Orlando Health Winnie Palmer Hospital has one of the most experienced labor and delivery units in the nation, delivering 12,000-15,000 babies every year.
· Our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit is the fourth largest in the United States.
· We are a Regional Perinatal Intensive Care Hospital for the State of Florida, whereby high-risk obstetrical patients and their infants are referred to our specialists.
· Through every stage of life, from the childbearing years and beyond, our services focus on the individual healthcare needs of women and babies in a warm and caring, family-centered environment.
Interested physicians should send current CV to Kimberly Salvail: R-PhysicianRecruitment@OrlandoHealth.com
Orlando Health is a not-for-profit healthcare organization with $7.6 billion of assets under management that serves the southeastern United States. Headquartered in Orlando, Florida, the system was founded more than 100 years ago.
The healthcare system is recognized around the world for its pediatric and adult Level One Trauma program, co-located at Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children and Orlando Health Orlando Regional Medical Center, where more than 50 victims of the Pulse nightclub mass shooting were treated in June 2016. The system is also home to the only state-accredited Level Two Adult Trauma Center in the St. Petersburg region at Bayfront Health St. Petersburg. Orlando Health Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Babies houses the nation’s largest neonatal intensive care unit under one roof and is the only facility in the southeast to offer open fetal surgery to repair the most severe forms of spina bifida. Orlando Health also operates the National Training Center for Olympic athletes and the Orlando Health Network, which is recognized as one of the largest and highest performing clinically integrated networks in the region. The system’s Graduate Medical Education (GME) program hosts more than 350 residents and fellows including more than 40 who are enrolled at Bayfront Health St. Petersburg.
Orlando Health clinicians have pioneered life-changing research including therapies for end-stage breast cancer and identifying biomarkers to detect traumatic brain injury.
Orlando Health is a 3,200-bed system that includes 16 wholly-owned hospitals and emergency departments; rehabilitation services, cancer institutes, heart institutes, imaging and laboratory services, wound care centers, physician offices for adults and pediatrics, skilled nursing facilities, an in-patient behavioral health facility, home healthcare services in partnership with LHC Group, and urgent care centers in partnership with FastMed Urgent Care. Nearly 4,500 physicians, representing more than 90 medical specialties and subspecialties have privileges across the Orlando Health system, which employs more than 23,000 team members. Areas of clinical excellence are orthopedics, heart and vascular, cancer care, neurosciences, surgery, pediatric specialties, neonatology, women’s health and trauma.
Orlando Health hospitals are: Bayfront Health St. Petersburg, Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children, Orlando Health Dr. P. Phillips Hospital, Orlando Health – Health Central Hospital, Orlando Health Horizon West Hospital, Orlando Health Orlando Regional Medical Center; Orlando Health South Lake Hospital; Orlando Health South Seminole Hospital, Orlando Health St. Cloud Hospital and Orlando Health Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Babies.
In FY21, Orlando Health served nearly 160,000 inpatients and nearly 3.6 million outpatients. During that same time period, Orlando Health provided approximately $648 million in total value to the communities it serves in the form of charity care, community benefit programs and services, community building activities and more.