Orthopedic Total Joint/Reconstructive Surgery Job In Alexandria, Louisiana
Orthopaedic Total Joints Opportunity in Central LouisianaNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Orthopaedic Total Joints
Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Surgery
Rapides Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine in Central Louisiana is seeking a board certified / board eligible orthopaedic surgeon to join a busy three-surgeon group.
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in general orthopaedic surgery
- Fellowship trained in sports medicine or joint replacement is preferred but not necessary
- Must be willing to do some general orthopaedics and minor trauma in addition to their subspecialty
- Active Louisiana license or the ability to obtain one
- Comprehensive and robust benefits package including 401k, 401K employer match, CME
- Employment with HCA physician services group
- Relocation support is available
- Sign-on bonus is available
The Rapides Orthopedic Clinic offers a wide array of services including, but not limited to: total and partial hip replacement; total knee replacement; pelvic repair; fractured hip repair; wrist, arm, elbow, leg and ankle fracture repair; hip, knee and shoulder arthroscopy, carpal tunnel release, application of casts and any traumatic injury of arms, legs and pelvis.
About Rapides Regional Medical Center:
- Rapides Regional Medical Center is an award-winning hospital in Alexandria, Louisiana that provides a wide array of care to 13 parishes across Central Louisiana.
- A 380-bed hospital, includes Rapides Women's and Children's Hospital, featuring obstetrical/gynecological, pediatric and pediatric intensive care services; Rapides Cancer Center, offering a range of services for cancer patients; Rapides Heart Center, featuring comprehensive cardiac care from prevention to treatment to surgery; and the area's largest emergency department, offering the community the only Level II Trauma Center.
- Services range from the latest advances in cardiac care to minimally invasive neurosurgery, and our medical staff includes doctors in more than 30 medical specialties.
- With a continued emphasis on progressive care, Rapides Regional has grown to meet the continually changing needs of our patients and the rapidly advancing technology of modern healthcare.
Alexandria is an attractive, family-oriented community that is often referred to as not too big, not too small. We recently celebrated our 200th birthday! The city was ranked 7th in affordability by a national publication in 2005 and the economic forecast is bright, named one of the fastest growing regions of the state. In addition to excellent schools, three universities and very reasonably priced homes, the city is proud of its cultural accomplishments including museums, theatre groups, a symphony, a ballet company, a wonderful zoo, just to name a few. Central Louisiana is perhaps best known as Sportsman's Paradise. Canoeing, boating, water sports, hunting and camping facilities abound. If you prefer golfing there are five beautiful courses, including one listed on the Audubon Trail. In addition, easy access to some of the states larger metropolitan areas including Baton Rouge, Lafayette and Shreveport make Alexandria the "Crossroads of Louisiana".
Rapides Regional Medical Center is an award-winning hospital in Alexandria, Louisiana that provides a wide array of care to 13 parishes across Central Louisiana. Our services range from the latest advances in Cardiac Care to minimally invasive Neurosurgery, and our medical staff includes doctors in more than 30 medical specialties. View our average ER wait times above.
In 2012, Rapides Regional Medical Center became the first verified Level II Trauma Center in Louisiana. In addition, we operate the area's first Certified Stroke Center, offering comprehensive stroke care from the minute a patient walks through our door to the time they go home.
Founded in 1903 along the banks of the Red River, Rapides Regional represents a proud heritage of compassionate healthcare services coupled with the most advanced technology to date. With a continued emphasis on progressive care, Rapides Regional Medical Center has grown to meet the continually changing needs of our patients and the rapidly advancing technology of modern healthcare.