Pediatrician Job In Tyler, Texas
Academic Pediatrics Chair | UT Tyler Health Science Center | Tyler, TX- 90 mi from DallasNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
UT Tyler Health Science Center is searching for an Academic Pediatric Chair in Tyler, Texas- 92 mi from Dallas.
Required Education / Experience:
- Advanced degree, i.e., MD, DO, or Ph.D. is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience within academic departmental leadership or related activities strongly preferred
Accompanying Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Track record of effective leadership, including experience and success in research, education, and clinical administration
- Success in building, expanding and elevating programs with vision and collaborative team spirit.
- Ability to develop and implement new programs.
- Knowledge of creating and managing budgets.
UT Tyler Health Science Center: https://www.uthct.edu/
UT Tyler School of Medicine: https://medicine.uttyler.edu/
Recruitment Package may include:
- Base salary + wRVU production incentive
- CME allowance
- Sign-on bonus
- Medical debt assistance + Consultative services by Navigate Student Loans
- Relocation allowance
- Residency stipend
- Paid malpractice coverage
- Health benefits + Retirement plan
- Marketing + practice growth assistance
Major Responsibilities / Duties:
- Support and contribute to the mission of the School
- Recruit, engage, and/or sustain a qualified faculty for the Department as determined by available resources and with advice and consent of the Dean and health system leaders.
- Conduct required faculty reviews
- Provide oversight, in conjunction with the Department of Medical Education leadership, for the educational programs and leaders (e.g., Program Directors, Clerkship Directors, etc.) within the department.
- Supporting the faculty counseling and faculty grievance and appeals processes related to mission area
- Support the faculty throughout their careers as educators, scientists, health care providers and academic leaders
- Employ a strong understanding of social determinants of health as it related to members of the department and the region’s patient care population.
- Serving as consultant on issues related to the specialty focus of the Department
- Providing and administering teaching and education to residents, graduate students, staff and other participants in departmental educational programs through lectures, didactics, and supervision in practicum settings
Tyler is an affordable metropolitan city of over 100,000 offering cultural diversity, a major university campus, a healthy range of medium to large size businesses, and is known for its rolling hills, forested landscapes, lakes, pine trees, Rose Garden, and a number of arts and educational venues. Dallas and Shreveport, Louisiana are within 90minutes driving time from Tyler.
- Outstanding area public and private schools – high test scores
- Small-town comforts with easy proximity to metropolitan cities
- A family-oriented lifestyle
- The many lakes, tall pines and ideal climate make for scenic views and great outdoor recreation
- Affordable housing and low cost of living
- Various lifestyle choices for living – lake front, historical homes, or suburban – all within 10 to 15 minutes from the clinic/hospital
- No state income tax
The UT Health East Texas
Our purpose is to care for our patients, their families and each other. We do so while educating and developing the caregivers of the future.
- 10 hospitals
- >50 physician clinics
- >300 employed providers
- 13 regional rehabilitation facilities
- two freestanding emergency centers
- regional home health services covering 41 counties
- an EMS fleet of more than 45 ambulances and four helicopters
- a comprehensive seven-trauma center care network, including a Level 1 trauma center.
- Our primary service area has a population over 600,000.
As a partner with the University of Texas System, UT Health East Texas is uniquely positioned to provide east Texas patients with access to leading-edge research and clinical therapies while training and educating the next generation of physicians and other health professionals. Graduate Medical Education is an integral component at UT Health East Texas and includes accredited residency programs in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Occupational Medicine, and Psychiatry. An Internal Medicine and General Surgery residency took their first classes summer 2020, with two new programs starting in 2021.
The University of Texas has also approved a medical school in Tyler, and we expect to take our first class in 2023. We encourage you to learn more by visiting our websites at www.uthealtheasttexas.com and www.uthct.edu.
UT Health East Texas offers the opportunity to build a career with a thriving health system. Continued investment in facilities and services, as well as strong physician leadership, make UT Health East Texas an ideal fit for physicians at all stages of their careers. East Texas offers a family friendly lifestyle as well as easy access to major metro areas.