Physician Assistant Job In Pocatello, Idaho
Oncology NP/PA Employment | Gorgeous Pocatello, ID- 52 mi from Idaho FallsNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Portneuf Medical Group is searching for an Oncology Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to join an established, employed team at Portneuf Cancer Center in Pocatello, Idaho- just 52 mi S of Idaho Falls.
About the Position:
- Join an established practice with a model of 3 physicians and 3 APPs
- Practice is the only in Southeastern Idaho to be designated as an American Society of Clinical Oncology
Quality Oncology Practice Initiative(QOPI®)Certification Program- a three year certification recognized for high-quality outpatient hematology/oncology care.
- Care for Oncology and Hematology patients in the inpatient and outpatient settings
- 1:3 clinic call/No Hospital Call
- Epic EMR
- Assess, Plan, and Treat patients in coordination with the patient, family, and clinical team.
- Excellent work + life balance
Recruitment Package may include:
- Base salary + wRVU production incentive
- CME/CEU Allowance
- Sign-on bonus
- Medical debt assistance + Consultative services by Navigate Student Loans
- Relocation allowance
- Paid malpractice coverage
- Health benefits + Retirement plan
- Marketing + practice growth assistance
About the Hospital:
In a joint venture partnership with the Portneuf Health Trust, Ardent operates Portneuf Medical Center located in Pocatello, ID. The mission of Portneuf Medical Center is simple: World-class care, every patient, every time. Serving the healthcare needs of Eastern Idaho since 1907, Portneuf Medical Center strives to deliver a higher level of care and healthier community as a205-licensed bed acute care facility that is home to a Level II Trauma Center and 20-bed ICU.
About the Hospital:
Home to Idaho State University and located in Southeastern Idaho, just 52 mi from Idaho Falls, Pocatello was historically referred to as the "gateway to the Northwest," in the 1800s by miners and others on the Oregon Trail who would pass through Pocatello's Portneuf Gap on their journey. Today, residents enjoy Pocatello's affordable housing and emphasis on outdoor recreation- with its numerous hiking and biking trails and proximity to local and state parks, including Massacre Rocks State Park. 52 mi S of Idaho Falls/114 NE of Twin Falls/234 SE of Boise
Tyler is an affordable metropolitan city of over 100,000 offering cultural diversity, a major university campus, a healthy range of medium to large size businesses, and is known for its rolling hills, forested landscapes, lakes, pine trees, Rose Garden, and a number of arts and educational venues. Dallas and Shreveport, Louisiana are within 90minutes driving time from Tyler.
- Outstanding area public and private schools – high test scores
- Small-town comforts with easy proximity to metropolitan cities
- A family-oriented lifestyle
- The many lakes, tall pines and ideal climate make for scenic views and great outdoor recreation
- Affordable housing and low cost of living
- Various lifestyle choices for living – lake front, historical homes, or suburban – all within 10 to 15 minutes from the clinic/hospital
- No state income tax
The UT Health East Texas
Our purpose is to care for our patients, their families and each other. We do so while educating and developing the caregivers of the future.
- 10 hospitals
- >50 physician clinics
- >300 employed providers
- 13 regional rehabilitation facilities
- two freestanding emergency centers
- regional home health services covering 41 counties
- an EMS fleet of more than 45 ambulances and four helicopters
- a comprehensive seven-trauma center care network, including a Level 1 trauma center.
- Our primary service area has a population over 600,000.
As a partner with the University of Texas System, UT Health East Texas is uniquely positioned to provide east Texas patients with access to leading-edge research and clinical therapies while training and educating the next generation of physicians and other health professionals. Graduate Medical Education is an integral component at UT Health East Texas and includes accredited residency programs in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Occupational Medicine, and Psychiatry. An Internal Medicine and General Surgery residency took their first classes summer 2020, with two new programs starting in 2021.
The University of Texas has also approved a medical school in Tyler, and we expect to take our first class in 2023. We encourage you to learn more by visiting our websites at www.uthealtheasttexas.com and www.uthct.edu.
UT Health East Texas offers the opportunity to build a career with a thriving health system. Continued investment in facilities and services, as well as strong physician leadership, make UT Health East Texas an ideal fit for physicians at all stages of their careers. East Texas offers a family friendly lifestyle as well as easy access to major metro areas.