Family Medicine Job In Richmond, Virginia
FP or IM Need in Richmond, VirginiaNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Family Medicine without OB
Job Summary:Seeking a primary care physician to join a well-established private practice near the campus of Henrico Doctors’ Hospital in Richmond, Virginia.
- Must be board eligible or board certified in their specialty
- Virginia licensure or ability to obtain
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of nursing, physicians and administration
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package
- CME and dues allowance
- Community rooted for over 60 years
- Full range of services for all ages
- Providing comprehensive, compassionate care
- Patients can either schedule an appointment or walk-in for their care
- 340-bed community hospital
- 24 ICU beds with a mix of 12 bed/SICU and 12 bed/MICU
- 24/7 adult and dedicated ER
- Level II Trauma Center
- Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute
- The Women’s Hospital, featuring a completely renovated women’s health facility – delivers more babies than any other hospital in Central Virginia
- Virginia Institute of Robotic Surgery Center
- The Heart Center
- Primary Stroke Center
- Virginia Renal Transplant Center
Richmond is a wonderful place to practice medicine and raise a family. With a metropolitan area population of over a million, Richmond offers a great balance of big city excitement and small town charm. The area abounds with parks, nationally recognized school systems, and innumerable recreation and cultural activities. Richmond is within a two-hour drive of the Atlantic Ocean, Washington, DC and the Blue Ridge Mountains. The cost of living is very reasonable; traffic congestion is minimal.
Richmond, the capital of the Commonwealth of Virginia, has a metropolitan population of approximately 1.2 million people. Richmond is a city deep in history with terrific neighborhoods, museums and festivals year round. The city also boasts the first state-supported art museum in the United States and the Southeast's largest museum, the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts. With easy access to Interstates 95 and 64, Washington, DC, Virginia's beaches and the Blue Ridge Mountains are all less than two hours away. In Richmond, you will find a wealth of small-town charm and big-city amenities woven into a landscape catering to all walks of life. The area enjoys four distinct seasons, including one of the most remarkable displays of fall foliage along the Eastern seaboard.
Henrico Doctors' Hospital, with three campuses (Forest, Parham and Retreat), is a 767-bed acute-care hospital offering state-of-the-art medical technology in a community hospital setting. Part of the HCA Virginia Health System, Henrico has been named one of America's 50 Best Hospitals and the #1 hospital for stroke care in Virginia by HealthGrades. Henrico has also received HealthGrades' five-star award for joint replacement (total knee and total hip replacement) and for cardiac surgery (coronary bypass and valve replacement). An accredited Chest Pain Center, Henrico Doctor's Hospital provides a full-range of emergency, medical, surgical and rehabilitative care with advanced offerings in cardiac care, women's health, oncology, orthopedics, diagnostic imaging and minimally invasive robotic surgery. We're the only hospital in Virginia that has initiated a fetal surgery program for our tiniest patients. We have also performed more da Vinci robotic surgeries than any other facility in Virginia.
Henrico Doctors' is a Solucient® 100 Top Hospital and is a national leader in kidney transplants. We received the National Research Corporation's Consumer Choice Award rating as the best hospital in the area for our reputation and quality of care. Our latest technology includes the use of 3.0 Tesla Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), which offers advanced image quality and improved patient comfort for whole body scanning. We are the first hospital in the Richmond area to use this technology to detect and diagnose disease.