Nurse Practitioner Job In Cumberland, Maryland
Nurse Practitioner or Physician AssistantNext Steps... Apply Now
A Collegial Practice That Works For You
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. Sound values our advanced practice providers and realizes they need a forum to collaborate. Our APP collaborative was formed to provide development opportunities and to advance the role of our providers who work alongside our physician providers. We offer the same leadership development opportunities for APP's that are provided to our physician providers.
- 260-bed state of the art facility
- Established 16 physician team with advanced practitioners and a Clinical Performance Nurse
- Open ICU with intensivist support
- Day and Nocturnist positions available – Schedule is flexible based on provider preference
- Block schedule with 7 on/7 off
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in Maryland is strongly preferred; Will consider Family Practice or Geriatric certification with recent acute care experience. Due to the level of autonomy required working on night shift, this the nocturnist position is not open to new grads – ideally looking for a candidate with a minimum of 2 years with recent acute care experience
Location & Lifestyle
Nestled in the mountains of western Maryland, Allegany County and the tristate, area offer a quality lifestyle ideal for both couples and families.
We are dedicated to supporting our hospitalist and post-acute physicians in providing the very best quality care by partnering seamlessly with our partners. Physician founded, led, and managed, Sound Physicians has more than 1,800 hospitalist and post-acute physicians providing inpatient care to more than 180 hospitals and a growing number of post-acute care centers in 35 states across the U.S.
We recruit and retain the best doctors by creating a better career opportunity. Sound Physicians supports our physicians through manageable encounters, flexible schedules, and technology-driven processes that are designed by physicians to work for physicians. Through the SoundInstitute, we promote ongoing educational, professional and career development.