RN Job In Dallas, Texas
Value Analysis CoordinatorNext Steps... Apply Now
Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.PRIMARY PURPOSE
Supports the Manager of the Parkland Value Analysis Program in the development and maintenance of collaborative relationships with Parkland medical and healthcare system staff to ensure cost effective procurement of supplies and results-orientated project outcomes. Assists in implementing University Healthcare Consortium (UHC) benchmarking findings, technology assessments and other UHC initiatives. Provides recommendations to identify specific financial goals and objectives and initiatives to realize Parkland strategic goals. Facilitates process improvement initiatives, concentrating on operationally focused applications.
-Must have a Bachelor's degree in a healthcare related field or Business Administration.
-Bachelor's degree in Nursing is preferred.
-Must have five years nursing/clinical experience.
-Some budgetary, supply chain management and financial analysis experience preferred.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience
-May have an equivalent combination of education and/or experience in lieu of specific education and/or experience as stated above.
Registered Nurse Applicants:
- Must have current, valid RN license or temporary RN license from the Texas Board of Nursing; or, valid Compact RN license.
-Must have current healthcare provider CPR course completion card from one of the following:
oAmerican Heart Association
oAmerican Red Cross Rescuer
oMilitary Training Network.
Required Tests for Placement:
Registered Nurse Applicants:
- Applicants must pass (85% or above) Dosage Calculation Exam prior to hospital orientation. Current Parkland employees requesting reassignment to role must have current Dosage Calculation Exam on file.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Maintains standards of professional conduct and performs all assigned and unassigned duties in accordance with the current State of Texas Nursing Practice Act.
- Applicants must pass Medication Examination prior to hospital orientation. Current Parkland employees requesting reassignment to role must have current Medication Examination on file.
- Must have good organizational skills and be able to demonstrate both analytical/statistical and managerial skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing with all levels of internal and external personnel.
- Must have strong team-building skills and experience working in a consensus environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of academic hospital and clinical staff, including but not limited to materials management, facility management, and supply chain management.
- Must be knowledgeable of clinical and operational improvement processes.
- Must have excellent presentation skills, and personal computer skills in word processing and spreadsheet software, and other applicable software.
- Registered Nurse Only: Provides care to assigned patient population in accordance with the current State of Texas Nurse Practice Act, established protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care, and clinical area specific standards.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
There's plenty to enjoy about Parkland's location in Dallas. Whatever your interests, you'll find Dallas will fit your life well. A cosmopolitan city, there’s a diversity of cultural, sporting, shopping and recreational opportunities here. And with more restaurants per capita than New York City, the dining options are both plentiful and delicious. Dallas is a great place to make a life where work and play, productivity and leisure are in perfect balance.
At Parkland, our professionals are fulfilling our commitment to the Dallas community. Continually pushing forward with the latest technology, tools and treatments, the staff at Parkland provides noteworthy care.
- We're a premier training center for the nation’s top physicians, serving as the primary teaching and research hospital for the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas.
- Our trauma and burn centers are recognized internationally—our regional burn center pioneered skin graft techniques, infection control and nutritional support for burn patients.
- Parkland delivers more babies each year than any other hospital in the country and our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit cares for more critically ill infants than any other hospital nationwide.