Physical Therapy Job In Dallas, Texas
Phy Therapist-PRNNext Steps... Apply Now
Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.
Evaluates, plans and implements specific treatment programs for individual patients according to the principles of physical therapy in addition to providing leadership to Physical Therapy professional and support staff.
- Must have a degree in Physical Therapy from a school accredited by the American Physical Therapy Association.
- Must have two years of experience as a Physical Therapist.
- Must have current licensure with the Board of Physical Therapy Examiners for Texas, or have temporary licensure in Texas.
- Must have a current Healthcare Provider CPR course completion card prior to hire and/or placement in job from one of the following:
o American Heart Association
o American Red Cross Rescuer
o Military Training Network.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of physical therapy procedures and techniques.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and written with patients, families, and hospital staff.
- Must be able to demonstrate problem-solving ability.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behaviors.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective leadership skills.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
There's plenty to enjoy about Parkland's location in Dallas. Whatever your interests, you'll find Dallas will fit your life well. A cosmopolitan city, there’s a diversity of cultural, sporting, shopping and recreational opportunities here. And with more restaurants per capita than New York City, the dining options are both plentiful and delicious. Dallas is a great place to make a life where work and play, productivity and leisure are in perfect balance.
At Parkland, our professionals are fulfilling our commitment to the Dallas community. Continually pushing forward with the latest technology, tools and treatments, the staff at Parkland provides noteworthy care.
- We're a premier training center for the nation’s top physicians, serving as the primary teaching and research hospital for the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas.
- Our trauma and burn centers are recognized internationally—our regional burn center pioneered skin graft techniques, infection control and nutritional support for burn patients.
- Parkland delivers more babies each year than any other hospital in the country and our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit cares for more critically ill infants than any other hospital nationwide.