Clerical/General Office Job In Modesto, CA
Patient Services RepresenativeNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
MBSI is one of the top employers of Stanislaus County providing medical billing, coding, and reimbursement services along with various reports to MedAmerica a leading healthcare price management organization. MedAmerica Billing Services, Inc. (MBSI) has been in the physician billing business since 1975. MBSI has continued to expand and now has 2 additional locations including an office in Ontario, CA as well as Scottsdale, AZ.
MBSI has adapted to the ever-changing medical billing environment, modifying and adding to its services to proactively meet the needs of its clients. A focus on physician and employee education coupled with advanced IT capabilities has positioned MBSI and its clients to operate successfully in a climate of increased governmental regulations, third party contracting and reimbursement challenges.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include the following. Employees must be able to react to change productively, work overtime as requested or required and handle other essential functions as assigned.
- Ability to handle a high volume of client calls in an inbound Call Center environment.
- Ability to resolve inquiries in a professional manner leaving the caller with a positive customer service experience and a positive image of MBSI and CEPA.
- Ability to work independently using all resources available and organization of individual training materials.
- Ability to handle conflict and deliver a positive resolution.
- Must be available to take calls at the start of your assigned shift.
- Reviews accounts to determine and take appropriate action, initiates payment collection process, processes credit card payments and refers accounts to the appropriate billing team for further research or review when needed.
- Updates financial classification and CID when appropriate.
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS include the following. Employees may be required to perform these functions. However, the ability to complete these duties is not essential to successful job performance.
- May contact clients on behalf of other departments to obtain information.
- May review returned mail for re-processing as necessary.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Must pass data entry test with 7,000 kph and 95% or better.
- Must possess excellent verbal communication skills.
- Must have confidence and ability to handle collection calls.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills to work within a team environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective customer service skills with internal and external customers.
- Billing experience preferred but not required.
- Fluent in Spanish language, both oral and written a plus.
What We Offer Our Most Valuable Asset, Our Employees:
We offer the opportunity to help positively impact the healthcare industry while enjoying an amazing benefits package and work environment.
- Competitive benefits package: Multiple health plan options or reimbursement for non-coverage, exceptional 401k plan (that includes a very generous company match), 2 weeks paid vacation, sick leave, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, discount on fitness centers and more.
- A Culture of Caring: Friendly, caring, business casual environment. Opportunities to learn or develop your skills.
- Our Philosophy: MBSI Cares
- C - Client Centered
- A - Adapt as a Team
- R - Responsive
- E - Engaged
- S - Supportive of Each Other
TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK!
MedAmerica Billing Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CEP America is one of the leading providers of acute care management and staffing solutions in the nation. Founded in 1975, we now serve more than 5.2 million patients annually at over 140 practice locations throughout the United States.
We are an integrated team of emergency medicine, hospital medicine, anesthesia, ambulatory, urgent care, and post-acute care providers committed to caring for patients with acute medical conditions. The CEP America team includes on-site clinical providers, as well as dedicated management and billing services through the MedAmerica family of companies.