RN Job In Biloxi, Mississippi
ICU RNNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call : Sign in to view
SA Solutions, Inc. (SAS) is currently recruiting ICU RN's -- FULL TIME to support U.S. Air Force medical activities at Keesler Medical Center at Keesler AFB, Biloxi, MS.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 / year
- Associate Degree in Nursing
Required experience: 2 years as ICU RN
Required licenses or certifications:
- BLS, ACLS, PALS
- Registered Nurse (RN)
Five (5) positions are available at Keesler AFB, providing life-saving and routine ICU care.
WORK SCHEDULE/DUTY HOURS: KAFB Intensive Care Unit Services is open 24 hours 7 days a week. ICU RN shall work up to 84 hours during each two (2) week period. Routine work hours may be a combination of 8 hour or 12 hour shifts that rotate day, evening and night shifts. Shits are typically from 5.45 am to 5.45 pm, and 5.45 pm to 5.45 am.
EDUCATION and QUALIFICATIONS :
- 2 years of experience as an ICU Nurse
- Associate Degree in Nursing or higher
- Unrestricted Nursing License U.S. State, Territory, or Commonwealth issued Nursing License
- Current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS). Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Effective computer utilization skills for documentation in electronic medical records.
- Effective oral and written communication in the English language
- Must be a US Citizen and able to pass a government background check
JOB DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES: Provide Intensive Care Unit nursing care for patients for Keesler AFB Medical Center. Typical job responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Providing prescribed medical treatment and personal care services to ill and injured patients in Medical/Surgical units
- Collaborating with Physicians and multidisciplinary professional healthcare staffs
- Providing physical and psychological support for patients, reinforcing patient understanding of disease, medications, and self-care skills
- Assuring quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards
- Measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards
- Protecting patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
Evaluates assigned patients and plans, implements and documents nursing care. Assists physicians during examinations and procedures. Performs various patient tests and administers medications within the scope of practice of the registered nurse. Promotes patients' independence by establishing patient care goals and teaching patients and families to understand conditions, medications, and self-care skills. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department.
- 2 Weeks Paid Holidays
- 2 Weeks Paid Vacation Leave
- Group Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx)
- Group Term Life Insurance - at no cost to Employee
- 401(k) - Retirement Savings - with Employer Matching
- Direct Deposit
SA Solutions Inc. (SAS) is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
For more information please visit www.sasolutions-inc.com.
Providing industry best practices coupled with experience
We take on each customer's mission as our own, working as a partner with you to identify opportunities for improvement and to create long-term solutions. We do what it takes to help you provide outstanding quality and cost-effectiveness to payers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on dependability, reliability and affordability. We deliver what works. We have over a decade of experience providing Administrative Support Services for DOD and Commercial contracts.
We will be recognized as a trusted partner, supplier and advisor to federal, commercial, and healthcare organizations seeking to thrive in the Age of Accountability. We are dedicated to excellence, and to providing world-class service, which includes dependability, responsiveness, affordability, integrity, and giving back to the communities in which we live and work.