Internal Medicine Critical Care Job In Los Angeles, California
Intensivist (Part-time)Next Steps... Apply Now
Sound Physicians Critical Care, originally founded as The Intensivist Group in 2001, is a physician-centric organization that offers a proven, hands-on approach to critical care medicine. Far more than simply staffing ICUs with intensivists, we have developed a formal program for designing, implementing and managing ICUs that helps reduce mortality and complications while increasing efficiency and outcomes.
Our model is designed to ensure that physicians have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that drives improved outcomes within a culture that promotes physician autonomy, mastery and purpose.
The Team – The Hospital
White Memorial Medical Center is one of the area’s leading non-profit hospitals, which provides a full range of inpatient, outpatient, emergency and diagnostic services to communities in and near downtown Los Angeles. As a major teaching hospital, White Memorial plays an important role in training physicians, nurses and other medical professionals.
- 353 bed hospital, with in-house residency program
- Established 3 physician team covering 19 bed ICU
- Full subspecialty support represented in medical staff
- 10 hour shifts with night call from home
- Flexible block scheduling
- Five-star awards for ranking in the top 10 percent of participating hospitals for patients' perception of quality of care and customer service
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME.
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based upon performance
Education, Training & Experience Required
- MD or DO
- Must be Board Certified or board eligible in Critical Care Medicine.
- Eligible to work in the United States. Not a J1 visa qualified area.
- Ability to work as a team member
- Must have a commitment to excellence in clinical service, be forward thinking and demonstrate problem solving abilities necessary in this environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform all technical skills in the critical care setting
Location and Lifestyle
Coined the “City of Angels,” Los Angeles residents enjoy a Mediterranean climate, excellent school systems, and unmatched beauty. LA is a melting pot that has something to offer to all cultures and backgrounds. LA is the epicenter of the entertainment industry, is home to 9 professional sports teams, 15+ beaches, and is a perfect place to set roots.
We are dedicated to supporting our hospitalist and post-acute physicians in providing the very best quality care by partnering seamlessly with our partners. Physician founded, led, and managed, Sound Physicians has more than 1,800 hospitalist and post-acute physicians providing inpatient care to more than 180 hospitals and a growing number of post-acute care centers in 35 states across the U.S.
We recruit and retain the best doctors by creating a better career opportunity. Sound Physicians supports our physicians through manageable encounters, flexible schedules, and technology-driven processes that are designed by physicians to work for physicians. Through the SoundInstitute, we promote ongoing educational, professional and career development.