Surgical Oncology Job In Wichita, Kansas
PhysicianNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Michele Beason: Sign in to view
Wichita in Brief
One of the fastest growing metropolitan areas in the country, Wichita features big-city amenities and Midwest sensibilities. This south-central Kansas city is becoming a cultural mecca in the U.S. heartland; it boasts a number of nationally registered historic places, museums and other entertainment destinations.
The Wichita File
- Education. Wichita Public Schools is the city’s largest school district and one of the most successful large-city school district in the U.S.
- Real Estate. Your housing dollar will go far in Wichita; a 24/7 Wall St. survey found it has the 5th lowest price per square foot and 11th lowest median list price.
- Family. Life in Wichita revolves around families, so it has many family-friendly facilities, including an interactive science and discovery center and a great zoo.
- Culture. Wichita’s vibrant arts scene includes 36 museums, 20 live theaters, more than 24 attractions, and 35 art galleries—not to mention over 1,000 restaurants.
- Recreation. Wichita boasts numerous recreational opportunities, but its best-kept secret might be that it’s home to 33 public, private and semi-private golf courses.
- Weather. Located at the northern edge of the subtropical climate zone, Wichita typically has hot, humid summers and cold, dry winters.
Wichita Fun Fact
The 2010 movie “Knight and Day” is set partly at the Wichita Mid-Continent Airport and was initially titled, “Wichita.”
, our purpose is to perfect physicians' ability to practice medicine, every day, in everything we do. Through our more than 20,000 affiliated physicians and advanced practice clinicians, TeamHealth offers outsourced emergency medicine, hospital medicine, critical care, anesthesiology, orthopedic hospitalist, acute care surgery, obstetrics and gynecology hospitalist, ambulatory care, post-acute care and medical call center solutions to approximately 3,300 acute and post-acute facilities and physician groups nationwide. Our philosophy is as simple as our goal is singular: we believe better experiences for physicians lead to better outcomes—for patients, hospital partners and physicians alike.