Clerical/General Office Job In Lakeland, Florida
Patient Service Specialist - Desk - Full TimeNext Steps... Apply Now
Education: High school graduate or equivalent (GED).
Requirements: These staff members will be working directly with our patients and must possess the following:
- Good public relations skills to effectively communicate with internal and external customers (includes clear voice and good listening skills)
- Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision with an ability to exercise judgment and discretion
- Must be detail-oriented
- Must have basic knowledge and experience of Windows-based computer applications.
- Must have accurate keyboard skills
- Must possess professional appearance and manner.
- Must be able to sit for long/extended periods of time.
- Must be able to get up and down from chair/stool with ability to walk to equipment and offices.
Other Requirements – within the last five (5) years:
- 1+ years experience within medical/insurance environment
- Medical terminology and/or knowledge in the medical field
- 2-3 years of customer service
- Verifies patient’s address and phone number, updating emergency contact information to include guarantor and addresses (i.e., seasonal, parents, etc.) as well as Meaningful Use information. Verifies demographics and performs a complete patient search to avoid duplicate patients. Provides questionnaires and/or appropriate forms to patients according to physician/provider protocols.
- Accurately verifies payment sources are entered into EPM including the appropriate case built and attached (i.e., liability, work comp, agency, grants, employer, legal). Accurately runs eligibility of insurances.
- Monitors lobby to ensure patients are not waiting excessive amounts of time and courteously advise patients of wait times when physicians/ providers run behind. Arrives patients in a timely manner. Monitors reading material maintained in lobby, removing any items with inappropriate content. Keep lobby neat and clean throughout the day.
- Schedules and cancels appointments accurately following physician, provider, desk and location protocols. Proportionately arrives and schedules appointments. Runs report sets as applicable.
- Collects payments using appropriate payment codes and issues receipts. Follows IDX Alert policy prior to scheduling appointment. Follows PFS collection comments.
Located between Tampa Bay beaches and Orlando attractions, Lakeland is a growing city supported by a variety of robust businesses and families of all ages. Although the population continues to grow, the city's cost of living and taxes are among the lowest in the state and NO STATE INCOME TAX!
Lakeland is within an hour of 2 major airports, Tampa and Orlando International, and is conveniently located near Interstate 4 (I-4) along the stretch of Florida's High Tech Corridor. Our centralized location ensures a healthy environment where locally owned shops and restaurants thrive, as well as the largest manufacturers and nationally recognized companies such as Geico Insurance, FedEx, Publix supermarkets and Rooms-To-Go Furniture.
With year-round moderate weahter, 243 days of sunshine, and some of the country's best sports teams and world-renowned attractions, Lakeland is a fun and fulfilling place to live. Lakeland also harbors a medley of cultural treats such as the internationally known architecutre of Frank Lloyd Wright on the campus of Florida Southern College and the Imperial Symphony Orchestra. Residents enjoy a variety of outdoor activities including water skiing, fishing, boating, cycling and golf. Close to Disney World, Universal Studios, Sea World, Busch Gardens, NFL's Tampa Bay Bucs, NHL's Tampa Bay Lightening, MBL's Tampa Bay Rays, and Legoland. Lakeland is also the spring training home of the Detroit Tigers with Clinic physicians serving as the offical medical provider for their Florida operation.
Since 1941, Watson Clinic has built a reputation for healthcare excellence, epitomizing the highest standards in expertise, technology and service. These qualities also distinguish our staff, as they are inspired by our warm, friendly and professional atmosphere. As a member of the Watson Clinic team, you are a member of our family and play a crucial role in benefiting the lives of every patient we serve. With our emphasis on quality service, a positive work environment, and our mission of improving the wellness of our community, it's easy to understand why Watson Clinic is one of Central Florida's premier places to work.
The truest measurement of the Watson Clinic difference lies in the bright minds and compassionate spirits of our people. We hope you will choose to make Watson Clinic part of your future, as only the best and most talented will be chosen to carry on the Clinic's legacy.