Medical Records Job In Lakeland, Florida
QI Clinical Reviewer Care Specialist - Full TimeNext Steps... Apply Now
Education: Graduate of an accredited Licensed Practical Nurse program, HIM program, Coding program or Bachelor Degree.
Licensure/Certification: Florida licensure required.
Two or more years in a healthcare delivery system, clinical experience, QI, UM or case management experience, healthcare experience preferred. Prefer experience in both hospital and outpatient clinic setting.1. Familiarity with clinical documentation in a practice group or hospital electronic health records (EHR).2. Experience with electronic health record (EHR) data abstraction to support quality project goals.
Percentage of time allocated to Clinical Reviewer or Care Specialist activities will be determined by the Quality Improvement (QI) Director based upon the current needs of the department.
- Accurately abstracts data from Watson Clinic's EHR to support internal quality initiatives or projects with external entities.
- Consistently enters clinical data into Excel spreadsheets or Access database to track status of data abstraction projects.
Care Specialist Responsibilities
- Accurately utilizes Watson Clinic Protocols, Watson care coordination program guidelines, and patient-specific provider treatment plans to, a.educate Watson Clinic patients on managing conditions/diseases, b. promote patient self management, c. assist with coordinating health care services and scheduling appointments, d. communicate with Physician-lead Care Teams
- Follows Watson Clinic care coordination program guidelines for consistent documentation of patient interactions in an electronic platform.
- Maintains excellent communication skills with patients to promote adherence to each patient's specific provider treatment plan
With training/direction from the QI Director/department:
- Ability and initiative to become familiar with industry quality measurement specifications related to group practices, e.g. CMS Medicare Physician Quality Reporting Systems (PQRS) and Meaningful Use of Electronic Health Records, National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) Health Effectiveness Data Information Set (HEDIS).
Located between Tampa Bay beaches and Orlando attractions, Lakeland is a growing city supported by a variety of robust businesses and families of all ages. Although the population continues to grow, the city's cost of living and taxes are among the lowest in the state and NO STATE INCOME TAX!
Lakeland is within an hour of 2 major airports, Tampa and Orlando International, and is conveniently located near Interstate 4 (I-4) along the stretch of Florida's High Tech Corridor. Our centralized location ensures a healthy environment where locally owned shops and restaurants thrive, as well as the largest manufacturers and nationally recognized companies such as Geico Insurance, FedEx, Publix supermarkets and Rooms-To-Go Furniture.
With year-round moderate weahter, 243 days of sunshine, and some of the country's best sports teams and world-renowned attractions, Lakeland is a fun and fulfilling place to live. Lakeland also harbors a medley of cultural treats such as the internationally known architecutre of Frank Lloyd Wright on the campus of Florida Southern College and the Imperial Symphony Orchestra. Residents enjoy a variety of outdoor activities including water skiing, fishing, boating, cycling and golf. Close to Disney World, Universal Studios, Sea World, Busch Gardens, NFL's Tampa Bay Bucs, NHL's Tampa Bay Lightening, MBL's Tampa Bay Rays, and Legoland. Lakeland is also the spring training home of the Detroit Tigers with Clinic physicians serving as the offical medical provider for their Florida operation.
Since 1941, Watson Clinic has built a reputation for healthcare excellence, epitomizing the highest standards in expertise, technology and service. These qualities also distinguish our staff, as they are inspired by our warm, friendly and professional atmosphere. As a member of the Watson Clinic team, you are a member of our family and play a crucial role in benefiting the lives of every patient we serve. With our emphasis on quality service, a positive work environment, and our mission of improving the wellness of our community, it's easy to understand why Watson Clinic is one of Central Florida's premier places to work.
The truest measurement of the Watson Clinic difference lies in the bright minds and compassionate spirits of our people. We hope you will choose to make Watson Clinic part of your future, as only the best and most talented will be chosen to carry on the Clinic's legacy.