Chief Medical Officer Job In Washington
Senior Vice President, Chief Medical OfficerNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call : Sign in to view
Chief Medical Officer
Job Description & Requirements
Senior Vice President, Chief Medical Officer
PeaceHealth, a not-for-profit, $2.6 Billion Catholic health system based in Vancouver, WA, is seeking a transformational leader that will serve as Senior Vice President and System Chief Medical Officer (CMO). The new leader will guide the strategic development and deployment of cutting-edge, system-wide clinical care strategies and the initiation of comprehensive quality and patient safety initiatives in support of the system’s mission, values and strategies. The new CMO will play a key role in PeaceHealth’s public commitment to become a leader for patient safety and quality in the northwest and nationally.
The CMO will oversee selected nationally recognized partnerships for increasing PeaceHealth’s value equation (Quality, Safety, Service/Experience, Cost) across the care continuum: innovation, clinical informatics, medical practice activities, clinical leadership development, clinical competency programs, evidence based practices and operations enhancement projects and programs. The following areas report to the SVP, CMO: Network Chief Medical Officers (Northwest, Columbia, Oregon & PH Medical Group), Medical Affairs, Quality, Patient Safety, Informatics/CMIO and Regulatory/Accreditation.
System CMO Essential Functions include:
- Leads and directs the strategic development and deployment of PeaceHealth’s strategies and performance excellence goals for clinical quality and safety. Develops and implements improvement initiatives, resource allocation priorities, and operational plans and policies.
- Collaborates with chief medical officers, medical staff leadership and clinical leadership across PeaceHealth networks to plan, organize, manage, control and enhance achievement of the organization’s medical care, education, research, and community service goals.
- Creates, directs, facilitates and coordinates physician support, manages peer review services, and coordinates with other senior leaders on initiatives associated with clinical quality, patient safety, and clinical outcomes.
- Oversees medical staff privileging, credentialing, peer review of medical staff across all PeaceHealth locations and operations. Leads standardization of medical practice across the system.
- Oversees the development and implementation of system quality metrics as approved by governance. Develops management and governance structures for physicians.
- Establishes systems to increase efficiencies and accountabilities. Works collaboratively with other senior leaders at the system and network levels and medical staff to ensure clinical quality, improvement, clinical resource management, and patient safety initiatives.
- Participates in strategic planning and in all budget plans related to medical services activities and ensures budgetary compliance.
- Candidate qualifications include, but are not limited to: MD or MD/PhD; a minimum of 12 years of experience as a clinician and a minimum of 5 years of experience successfully leading multidisciplinary teams in the areas of quality, patient safety, physician services and strategic planning; and experience working with and/or reporting to Governing Boards. A strong background in clinical quality is preferred but is not mandatory.
PeaceHealth based in Vancouver, WA is a not-for-profit, $2.6 Billion Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a group practice with more than 900 providers, a laboratory system and 10 medical centers. PeaceHealth was founded in 1890 by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace to fill a need for health care services in the Pacific Northwest. The Sisters shared financial and personnel resources to open new hospitals. They shared expertise and transferred wisdom from one medical center to another, always finding the best way to serve the unmet need for healthcare in their communities.
Please direct CVs and inquiries to: Jennifer Schaulin, Vice President, MillicanSolutions LLC, at: 682-223-5782 or Jennifer.Schaulin@millicansolutions.com. All inquiries and referrals are treated as and will remain highly confidential without your prior approval.
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
Call for details.
Call for details.
About the Facility
Call for details.
Call for details.
About the Company
Merritt Hawkins Associates, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation’s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Merritt Hawkins & Associates® is the nation's leading permanent physician and allied jobs placement service. For more than two decades, we’ve specialized in matching healthcare organizations with providers seeking opportunities to enhance their professional careers and personal lives. Merritt Hawkins fills more permanent physician jobs than any other firm, leading the physician search industry not only in annual revenue but also in the number of available permanent physician jobs, successful placements, and professional endorsements.