Emergency Medicine Job In Toledo, Ohio
PhysicianNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Amy Spegal: Sign in to view
Toledo in Brief
Known as the Glass City and the Auto Parts Capital of the World, Toledo is located on the western end of Lake Erie, on Ohio's border with Michigan. The city's commitment to arts, culture, education and citywide revitalization has its friendly residents exited about a bright future.
The Toledo File
- Education. The Toledo Public Schools is one of the largest urban districts in Ohio, and additional educational options such as private and charter schools are abundant.
- Real Estate. Toledo offers housing choices at all ends of the spectrum, but the median home price remains quite affordable at a little more than $100,000.
- Family. With a Cost of Living Index of 95.4 (below the U.S. average of 100), the amenities of a large city and a small-town feel, Toledo is an excellent place to raise a family.
- Culture. Toledo has a symphony, jazz orchestra and ballet as well as several theater groups, museums and art galleries.
- Recreation. Toledo residents enjoy recreational opportunities of all types, including hiking, biking, fishing, swimming and other water activities, and golf.
- Weather. Toledo experiences a lake-moderated continental climate, characterized by four distinct seasons. January and July highs average 33 and 87 degrees, respectively.
Toledo Fun Fact
The Toledo War, an almost bloodless conflict in 1835 and 1836 between Ohio and the Michigan Territory, was fought over a narrow strip of land that now contains the city of Toledo and two suburbs.
, our purpose is to perfect physicians' ability to practice medicine, every day, in everything we do. Through our more than 20,000 affiliated physicians and advanced practice clinicians, TeamHealth offers outsourced emergency medicine, hospital medicine, critical care, anesthesiology, orthopedic hospitalist, acute care surgery, obstetrics and gynecology hospitalist, ambulatory care, post-acute care and medical call center solutions to approximately 3,300 acute and post-acute facilities and physician groups nationwide. Our philosophy is as simple as our goal is singular: we believe better experiences for physicians lead to better outcomes—for patients, hospital partners and physicians alike.