Dentist Job In Dallas, Texas
This job was posted 6 days ago. Be one of the first applicants.
Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.
The Dentist will provide personalized care by performing general dentistry procedures, such as exams, direct and indirect restorative work, tooth extractions, and any other dental procedures. Build long-term relationships with patients and a positive connection to the surrounding community.
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) is required.
- Minimum of 6 months of experience preferred.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience:
- May have an equivalent combination of education and experience to substitute for both the education and the experience requirements.
- Must have a license to practice in Texas from the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners.
- Must have current healthcare provider CPR course completion card from one of the following:
o American Heart Association o American Red Cross
o Military Training Network
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Knowledge of federal, state and institutional regulations and guidelines for the provision of dental outpatient services.
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills in working with a diverse population of physicians, patients, staff, management, and administration.
- Must be able to interact with staff and patients to expedite and organize patient care.
- Must be able to work effectively with other health care professionals and serve as a resource to the community.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behavior.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of personal integrity and practice ethical standards.
- Must be capable of leadership and have effective organization skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate time management, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to display excellent problem-solving skills both in one-on-one relationships and in group situations.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
There's plenty to enjoy about Parkland's location in Dallas. Whatever your interests, you'll find Dallas will fit your life well. A cosmopolitan city, there’s a diversity of cultural, sporting, shopping and recreational opportunities here. And with more restaurants per capita than New York City, the dining options are both plentiful and delicious. Dallas is a great place to make a life where work and play, productivity and leisure are in perfect balance.
At Parkland, our professionals are fulfilling our commitment to the Dallas community. Continually pushing forward with the latest technology, tools and treatments, the staff at Parkland provides noteworthy care.
- We're a premier training center for the nation’s top physicians, serving as the primary teaching and research hospital for the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas.
- Our trauma and burn centers are recognized internationally—our regional burn center pioneered skin graft techniques, infection control and nutritional support for burn patients.
- Parkland delivers more babies each year than any other hospital in the country and our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit cares for more critically ill infants than any other hospital nationwide.