Family Medicine Job In Gainesville, Florida
Family Medicine Residency - Program DirectorNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Kathy Haley: Sign in to view
North Florida Regional Medical Center, located in Gainesville, Florida, in conjunction with the University of Central Florida College of Medicine (UCF COM), is seeking applicants for Family Medicine Program Director for their accredited residency training program.
The UCF COM/HCA GME Consortium Family Medicine residency program is accredited for 24 residents and seeks a full-time, board-certified family medicine Program Director. Teaching physicians will receive faculty appointments and collaborate with other UCF COM faculty. The main UCF COM campus offers state-of-the-art medical education and research facilities and is located in Lake Nona Medical City, near Orlando.
• Must be Board Certified in Family Medicine by the American Board of Family Medicine
• Prior experience as a Program Director or Associate Director preferred
• Have previous leadership / administrative experience
• A minimum of 5 years of clinical experience in Family Medicine, with 2 years as a core faculty member in an ACGME- accredited Family Medicine Residency Program.
• Be willing to combine Administrative and Diagnostic (teaching) Responsibilities (70/30)
• Have strong administrative and team building skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Candidates with recent scholarly activity such as peer reviewed funding, publication of original research or review articles in peer-reviewed journals, chapters in textbooks, publication or presentation of case reports or clinical series at scientific society meetings, or participation in national committees or educations organizations highly encouraged to apply.
Gainesville is nestled among rolling hills in the heart of beautiful north central Florida and boasts scenic lakes, wetlands and trails. Gainesville has been consistently recognized as one of Florida's most livable cities. The healthcare industry is the second largest employer in the city. The city offers a variety of cultural activities, museums, historic places of interest, and excellent education. Area population: 218,000 and steadily rising.
Located in Gainesville, Florida, home of the University of Florida, North Florida Regional Medical Center is a 325 bed full service medical-surgical acute care facility serving 14 counties and offering comprehensive heart care, women's health, diabetes care and neuromusculoskeletal services. North Florida Regional Medical Center has been chosen as one of the Top 100 Hospitals in America by HCIA.