Pharmacist Job In Dallas, Texas
System Pharmacy Supervisor-Evening Outpatient/InpatientNext Steps... Apply Now
Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.
This position is second shift - Monday-Fridays 3:00 pm -11:30 pm
Supervises assigned pharmacy areas and staff to ensure quality pharmacy services for patients and Parkland Health & Hospital System (PHHS) staff.
- Must have a Bachelors or Pharm.D degree in pharmacy from an accredited school of pharmacy.
- Must be a registered pharmacist in the state of Texas or become registered within the initial three-month appraisal period.
- Must have two years of experience as a registered pharmacist in a comparable health care facility.
- Prior experience supervising greater than 10 direct reports and/or multiple areas is preferred.
- Must be a registered pharmacist in the state of Texas.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must have good organizational skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of all drugs, procedures, and equipment used in the operations of the pharmacy.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skill in meeting age-related and handicapped patient's needs.
- Prefer ability to speak a second language, which may be compensable.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
There's plenty to enjoy about Parkland's location in Dallas. Whatever your interests, you'll find Dallas will fit your life well. A cosmopolitan city, there’s a diversity of cultural, sporting, shopping and recreational opportunities here. And with more restaurants per capita than New York City, the dining options are both plentiful and delicious. Dallas is a great place to make a life where work and play, productivity and leisure are in perfect balance.
At Parkland, our professionals are fulfilling our commitment to the Dallas community. Continually pushing forward with the latest technology, tools and treatments, the staff at Parkland provides noteworthy care.
- We're a premier training center for the nation’s top physicians, serving as the primary teaching and research hospital for the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas.
- Our trauma and burn centers are recognized internationally—our regional burn center pioneered skin graft techniques, infection control and nutritional support for burn patients.
- Parkland delivers more babies each year than any other hospital in the country and our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit cares for more critically ill infants than any other hospital nationwide.