Internal Medicine Critical Care Job In San Francisco, California
IntensivistNext Steps... Apply Now
Join a Collegial Practice Where You Thrive
Sound Physicians, a physician-founded and led organization, focuses on improving quality, patient satisfaction, and ICU performance. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the way critical care is provided. This is accomplished by our relentless pursuit to create value and eliminate waste in the ICU, implementing critical care programs that focus on improving the lives of patients while creating value for our hospital partners.
We ensure that physicians have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that measurably improves quality and lowers the cost of healthcare for patients in the communities we serve. Our culture promotes physician autonomy, mastery, and purpose. Physicians have the ability to effectively participate in the process of change management within the community hospital ICU setting.
The Team – The Hospital
Our critical care physicians share ideas with like-minded peers and are truly advancing the practice of critical care medicine. We are a team of dedicated healers, inspired leaders, and the next generation of critical care innovators.
- 18 bed ICU including Medical, Surgical, and Neuro patients and 16 bed verified burn ICU
- 3 intensivists on staff with excellent specialty back-up
- Schedule: 10-hour day with night call from home with in-house hospitalist back-up
Saint Francis Memorial Hospital in San Francisco, CA is home to the Bothin Burn Center, the largest dedicated burn unit in Northern California. The hospital is fully accredited by The Joint Commission and is a Medicare-certified facility accredited by the Commission of Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) for Adult Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation and Adult Inpatient Stroke Specialty Rehabilitation.
- Leapfrog Group "A" recognition for Hospital Safety, 2014-2015
- Joint Commission – Top Performer on Key Quality Measures
- Healthgrades - Five-Star Recipient – Stroke Survival, 2012-2014
- Healthgrades - Five-Star Recipient – Respiratory Failure, 2014
Education, Training & Experience Required
- MD or DO with active California license; must be Board Certified or board eligible in Critical Care Medicine.
- Ability to work as a team member
- Must have a commitment to excellence in clinical service, be forward thinking and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary in this environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform all technical skills in the critical care setting
We are dedicated to supporting our hospitalist and post-acute physicians in providing the very best quality care by partnering seamlessly with our partners. Physician founded, led, and managed, Sound Physicians has more than 1,800 hospitalist and post-acute physicians providing inpatient care to more than 180 hospitals and a growing number of post-acute care centers in 35 states across the U.S.
We recruit and retain the best doctors by creating a better career opportunity. Sound Physicians supports our physicians through manageable encounters, flexible schedules, and technology-driven processes that are designed by physicians to work for physicians. Through the SoundInstitute, we promote ongoing educational, professional and career development.