General Patient Care Job In Batavia, New York
Assistant Residence Manager LODNext Steps... Apply Now
Category Residential Care Mental Health
Type Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Shift Varied Shifts
Corporation Name Living Opportunities of DePaul (LOD)
Under the direction of the Residence Manager, provides care, rehabilitative training, support and supervision for the development and/or enhancement of community living skills to resident. Acts as House Supervisor in absence of Residence Manager.
DIRECT SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide teaching, supervision, and support in accordance with OMH 593 and 595 including the following restorative services: Assertiveness/Self-Advocacy Training, Community Integration/Resource Development, Daily Living Skills, Health Services, Medication Management/Training, Parenting Training, Rehabilitative Counseling, Skill Development, Socialization, Substance Abuse Services, and Symptom Management.
- Provide case management/rehabilitation services to assigned residents including the coordination of services provided by outside agencies and professionals.
- Monitor and support residents' efforts in maintaining their comprehensive plan for admission, ongoing treatment and training, and discharge or transfer.
- Observe, monitor, and document resident behaviors as well as their progress in accordance with agency standards.
- Assist in the preparation of nutritious meals, including food preparation when needed.
- Assist in the planning, implementation, and supervision of recreational activities.
- Provide safe transporting of residents when needed.
- Complete household chores assigned by supervisor to maintain cleanliness and safety standards.
- Supervise and document resident medications in accordance with agency policies.
- Perform any other duties necessary for the effective and efficient operation of the community residence.
- Supervise the residence and staff in the absence of the Residence Manager.
- Interview and make hiring recommendations to supervisor.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as required by supervisor and work as a member of the residential team for each resident. Give relevant input for treatment team meetings, staff meetings, utilization reviews, and any other meetings.
- Observe all safety rules and regulations for self and others.
: 4 year degree in Human Services preferred, QMHS required.
Experience: 1 year experience in Human Services preferred.
Other: Driving record that meets agency's Clean Driving Record Policy.