Information Technology Job In Fort Meade, Maryland
LINUX Systems Administrator IIINext Steps... Apply Now
Category Infrastructure Support
Posted Date 2018-10-31
Location US-MD-Fort Meade
More information about this job:
DMI (Digital Management, LLC.), the world's first end-to-end mobility company, combines all the skills and services necessary to deliver mobile enterprise solutions. Built to reinvent business through mobility, DMI has expertise in mobile strategy, UX, web, and app development, omni-channel commerce, brand and marketing, IoT and big data analytics, and secure device and app management. The company's unique, integrated approach to mobility has resulted in dramatic growth as well as an expanding client base, which includes hundreds of Fortune 1000 commercial clients and all fifteen U.S. Federal Departments. DMI is headquartered in Bethesda, MD, with satellite offices around the world. The company was named one of the 2018 Top Workplaces in the Washington, DC area by The Washington Post and received Inc. Magazine's Hire Power Award as one of the top 100 Private Job Creators in the US. Additional information is available at www.dminc.com and on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
About the Opportunity
Digital Management, LLC (DMI) is seeking a full time LINUX Systems Administrator III to support customer IT infrastructure in the Fort Meade, MD area.
The Linux Systems Administrator III will provide system testing support to the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Defense Information System Network (DISN) Operational Support System (OSS) on a DMI customer's global network. The individual will maintain DISN OSS integrity by following a strict testing process to implement system enhancements.
The candidate must have strong oral and written communication skills. The System Administrator III will also coordinate with other SMEs and with clients to evaluate technology needs, recommend improvements, and implement modifications to existing OSS architecture and testing processes. It is critical for this person to work in a team environment while completing tasks and accomplishing goals independently in a dynamic and changing environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- LINUX Senior Technical lead to provide technical direction for physical environments and virtual environments.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance in support of the formal testing of new features and/or system enhancements to the OSS
- Verify continued system performance and stability before, during and after formal testing
- Follow strict testing procedures to ensure integrity of formal testing processes
- Identify enhancements and improvements to the OSS systems and/or testing processes to improve efficiency and overall data integrity of the OSS
- Maintain OSS test labs to ensure system integrity
- Maintain all network and system architecture and design documents in accordance with set Standard Operating Procedures
- Provide assistance in the procurement of components and services to support system maintenance, implementation and operation
- Evaluate and recommend hardware and protocol alternatives to be used in the customer systems architecture
- Support Information Assurance personnel to ensure security architecture, design, and implementation is in accordance with DoD regulations
Education and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- DoD Directive 8570 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II compliant
- DOD 8570 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level I compliant
- Red Hat, NetCool, eHealth are highly desired
- 3+ years designing, implementing and maintaining Solaris 10 systems
- 2+ years designing, implementing and maintaining Windows Server 2003 or later systems
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certification
- Sun Certified Solaris Administrator (Oracle Solaris 10 System Administrator Certified Professional)
- Advanced proficiency in Oracle operating systems
- Advanced proficiency in Windows operating systems
- Advanced proficiency in server virtualization with Oracle and VMWare (Sun Virtualization: Solaris 10 Containers Administration)
- Strong organizational skills
- Client focus a must
- Ability to work in a large team environment with other SMEs of different technical backgrounds
- Microsoft Certified System Administrator or Microsoft Certified IT Professional - Server Administration
- Working knowledge of OSSs and components such as Network Fault and Performance Management, Change and Configuration Management, Trouble Ticketing Systems, Enterprise Dashboarding,
- Data Integration and Reporting
- Working knowledge of the eHealth and NetCool applications
- Working knowledge of encryptors
- Proficiency in industry standard Microsoft desktop applications
- Knowledge of and experience with BMC Remedy
- Knowledge of Vulnerability Management System ( VMS)
- Knowledge of Cybercom responsibilities
- Knowledge of running DISA STIGs on Solaris and Window servers
- Ability to create and maintain a STIGed baseline OS for system Installations
Assist with installation and removal of servers from racks
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- Must be open to daytime shift work. Telecommuting options may be available.
Fort Meade, MD
Working at DMI
DMI is a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work. Being part of the DMI family means we care about your wellbeing. As such, we offer a variety of perks and benefits that help met various interests and needs, while still having the opportunity to work directly with a number of our award winning, Fortune 1000 clients. The following categories make up your DMI wellbeing:
- Community - Blood drives, volunteering opportunities, Holiday parties, summer picnics, Tech Chef, Octoberfest just to name a few ways DMI comes together as a community
- Convenience/Concierge - Virtual visits through health insurance, pet insurance, commuter benefits, discount tickets for movies, travel and many other items to provide convenience
- Development - Annual Performance management, continuing education and tuition assistance, internal job opportunities along with career enrichment and advancement to help each employee with their professional and personal development
- Financial - Generous 401k match for both pre-tax and post-tax (ROTH) contributions along with financial wellness education, EAP, Life Insurance and Disability help provide financial stability for each DMI employee
- Recognition - Great achievements do not go unnoticed by DMI through Annual Awards ceremony, service anniversaries, peer-to-peer acknowledgement through Give-A-Wow, employee referral bonuses.
- Wellness - Healthcare benefits, Wellness programs, Flu Shots, Biometric screenings, on-site lactation rooms provide employees with several wellness options
The company does and will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and to treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status. DMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled.
***************** No Agencies Please *****************
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US citizenship may be required for some positions.