Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Job In El Paso, Texas
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation in the sunny southwest
This job was posted 4 days ago. Be one of the first 5 applicants.
Contact me and I will respond to you within 48 hours.
Specialty: PM&R- Physiatrist
Practice: New Solo Practice.
* Join a great team of providers in a well-established hospital based, 32 bed Rehabilitation Center.
* Excellent opportunity to develop consultative services, outpatient concussion and EMG/NCS clinics.
Requirement: BE or BC. New or experienced candidates welcome.
Qualified candidates to be considered for Associate Medical Director Position.
Compensation: First year salary guarantee; $20K Sign On bonus; $15K relocation reimbursement; first year Medical Malpractice. Also includes start-up assistance related to credentialing, practice management & billing.
Medical Center: Knowledgeable & dedicated support staff, with supportive administrations.
Las Palmas Medical Center has 327 licensed beds and is a full service, acute care hospital. Medical Center has 546 physicians and 1000 staff. Level VI NICU
Del Sol Medical Center has 336 licensed beds and is a full service, Level II trauma hospital. Medical Center has 500 physicians and 1,325 staff. Level III NICU
GME: We encourage you to be a part of our GME program. Internal Medicine began with 15 residents in 2018. Ob Gyn and Transitional Year in 2019. Emergency Medicine and additional programs in 2020 and beyond. HCA is the fastest growing GME program in the nation.
Community: El Paso is an extremely friendly city, rich in culture and history. Located in the Chihuahuan desert, in the westernmost corner of Texas, it borders New Mexico and the Country of Mexico. Physicians experience traditional respect and admiration. The sun shines 300 days a year.
* El Paso is one of the safest cities in America. https://www.safewise.com/blog/safest-metro-cities/
* The city's elevation is 3,740 feet above sea level and surrounded by the beautiful Franklin Mountains. No natural disasters and year round weather suitable for outdoor activities.
* Population is 700,000 making it the 6th largest city in Texas and the 21st largest in the United States.
* Things to do in and around the sun city: hiking, mountain biking, golfing, Broadway shows, shopping, and snow skiing just to name a few.
- El Paso, Texas http://visitelpaso.com; https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g60768-Activities-El_Paso_Texas.html
- Las Cruces, NM (40 minute drive) https://www.meetlascruces.com/index.html
- Ruidoso, NM (2 hour drive) www.ruidoso.com
* Major industry and businesses include; the Military (Ft. Bliss), education, healthcare & social assistance, wholesale & retail trade, manufacturing and agriculture.
Education: Public schools include magnet high schools specializing in medicine, engineering, business and international studies. Universities and colleges include:
- UTEP https://www.utep.edu/
- Texas Tech http://elpaso.ttuhsc.edu/about/
- NMSU https://nmsu.edu/
- El Paso Community College https://www.epcc.edu/
Please contact me soon and make it a great day!
El Paso is the 6th largest city in Texas with a population of 750,000 and enjoys outstanding year round weather. The cost of living is low and the medical community is sophisticated and welcoming to new physicians. It has small town closeness with the amenities of large city. It is a family oriented city where life is easy. Beautiful housing and excellent school systems make this a great place to live and raise a family. An international community, rich in culture. Quality of life is superior. El Paso is the safest city in the United States.
Things to do: Year round great weather (no humidity), 2 1/2 hour drive from pine forest (snow skiing, weekend cabin/home in the mountains), international airport, off Broadway shows, NCAA Division I sports, mountain biking, cycling, hunting, hiking, cross country running, great selection of restaurants.
Education: Great public schools (magnet high schools specializing in medicine, engineering, business), University town, new Medical School in 2009.
- Texas Tech
- El Paso Community College
Biomedical Research & Technology Hub: Fast becoming one of the most successful & recognized life science centers in the Western Hemisphere. Strategically located on the ‘Latin Coast’, El Paso universities and regional schools are ensuring the future of being at the cusp of medical research and development.
Housing: Beautiful and affordable. Quiet and safe neighborhoods.
Del Sol Medical Center is the only full service, acute care hospital in East El Paso. Built in 1974, Del Sol has continued to expand its services, acquire the latest technology, offer innovative programs and build new facilities. In 2002, the hospital completed a $39M expansion project that resulted in a new Intensive Care Unit, a Coronary Care Unit, and Ambulatory Surgery Unit, and a Woman's Health Center.
With the latest medical equipment in place and our caring staff, we are serving the medical needs of our growing population with the highest quality of care.
- Licensed Beds: 336
- Staff: 1,325
- Physicians: 500"