Business Professional Job In Dallas, Texas
Risk Management CoordinatorNext Steps... Apply Now
Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.
Serves as an administrative assistant to the office of Institutional Risk Management. Responsible for coordinating and supporting department operations including invoice management, budget tracking, filing and information management, cross departmental meeting coordination and general support to team members. At the same time, the position will take on increasing responsibilities as they pertain to claims and insurance management.
- Must have high school degree. Prefer some college education.
- Must have three (3) years of experience working in a business administrative setting with a preference in Risk Management..
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must be able to administratively manage various aspects of department operations including budget tracking, scheduling, meeting preparation, supplies management and general team support.
- Prefer a working knowledge of Workers Compensation, property, medical malpractice, general liability, automobile, and various other claims.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of staff as well as external stakeholders.
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to efficiently manage competing priorities.
- Must be able to organize information and draw logical conclusions.
- Prefer knowledge of and working experience with Workers Compensation.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within healthcare risk management.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Must have superior level experience with Microsoft Office suite.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
There's plenty to enjoy about Parkland's location in Dallas. Whatever your interests, you'll find Dallas will fit your life well. A cosmopolitan city, there’s a diversity of cultural, sporting, shopping and recreational opportunities here. And with more restaurants per capita than New York City, the dining options are both plentiful and delicious. Dallas is a great place to make a life where work and play, productivity and leisure are in perfect balance.
At Parkland, our professionals are fulfilling our commitment to the Dallas community. Continually pushing forward with the latest technology, tools and treatments, the staff at Parkland provides noteworthy care.
- We're a premier training center for the nation’s top physicians, serving as the primary teaching and research hospital for the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas.
- Our trauma and burn centers are recognized internationally—our regional burn center pioneered skin graft techniques, infection control and nutritional support for burn patients.
- Parkland delivers more babies each year than any other hospital in the country and our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit cares for more critically ill infants than any other hospital nationwide.