Information Technology Job In Fort Knox, Kentucky
Java DeveloperNext Steps... Apply Now
Category Software Development
Posted Date 2018-12-18
Location US-KY-Fort Knox
More information about this job:
DMI, the world's first end-to-end mobility company, combines all the skills and services necessary to deliver mobile enterprise solutions. Built to reinvent business through mobility, DMI has expertise in mobile strategy, UX, web, and app development, omni-channel commerce, brand and marketing, big data management and analytics, and secure device and app management. The company's unique, integrated approach to mobility has resulted in dramatic growth as well as an expanding client base, which includes hundreds of Fortune 1000 commercial clients and all fifteen U.S. Federal Departments. DMI is headquartered in Washington DC area, with satellite offices around the world. Additional information is available at www.dminc.com and on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Google+.
About the Opportunity
DMI is actively searching for cleared IT professionals in the Ft. Knox, KY area to fill multiple positions in support of the United States Army Human Resources Command (HRC). We have immediate openings for the positions: Project Managers, Business Analysts, Configuration Management Specialists, Database Professionals, Hardware Engineers, Network Engineers, Help Desk Specialists, Information Assurance & Cybersecurity Professionals, System Engineers, Test Engineers, Technical Training Professionals, Web Designers, Technical Writers.
DMI is seeking Java Developers to be responsible for building and supporting large scale Java applications. Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop these applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Thus, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and product quality is essential.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design highly scalable software solutions to improve functionality and system longevity
- Collaborate with project managers to implement end-to-end solutions for complex projects
- Lead small teams of junior and intermediate level developers
- Analyze current systems to maintain integrity and improve architecture
- Remain informed of current trends and technology developments
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
Required education and experience:
- Active Security Clearance at the Secret level
- Java developer with 4+ years of experience
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Engineering
- Strong working knowledge of the Spring Framework
- CompTIA Security+
- Java 8 OCA or Java 8 OCP
Highly desired skills:
- Working knowledge of Oracle Database
- Expertise in agile and scrum development cycles
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Knowledge of web services and related technologies
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, JDBC, and RESTful
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Experience with QA duties (usability testing, performance testing, automated testing, test scripts, test cases and test plans)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Subversion and Git
- Familiarity with build tools such as Ant and Maven
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Familiarity with the Atlassian Suite of tools
No Physical requirement needed for this position.
Location: Fort Knox, KY or Fort Carson, CO
Working at DMI
DMI is a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work. Being part of the DMI family means we care about your wellbeing. As such, we offer a variety of perks and benefits that help met various interests and needs, while still having the opportunity to work directly with a number of our award winning, Fortune 1000 clients. The following categories make up your DMI wellbeing:
- Community - Blood drives, volunteering opportunities, Holiday parties, summer picnics, Tech Chef, Octoberfest just to name a few ways DMI comes together as a community
- Convenience/Concierge - Virtual visits through health insurance, pet insurance, commuter benefits, discount tickets for movies, travel and many other items to provide convenience
- Development - Annual Performance management, continuing education and tuition assistance, internal job opportunities along with career enrichment and advancement to help each employee with their professional and personal development
- Financial - Generous 401k match for both pre-tax and post-tax (ROTH) contributions along with financial wellness education, EAP, Life Insurance and Disability help provide financial stability for each DMI employee
- Recognition - Great achievements do not go unnoticed by DMI through Annual Awards ceremony, service anniversaries, peer-to-peer acknowledgement through Give-A-Wow, employee referral
- Wellness - Healthcare benefits, Wellness programs, Flu Shots, Biometric screenings, on-site lactation rooms provide employees with several wellness options
Employees are valued for their talents and contributions. We all take pride in helping our customers achieve their goals, which in turn contributes to the overall success of the company.
The company does and will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and to treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status. DMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Veterans/Disability.
***************** No Agencies Please *****************
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US citizenship may be required for some positions.