Physician Assistant Job In Westchester, Illinois
Physician AssistantNext Steps... Apply Now
Westchester, Illinois, 60154, United States
Job ID: 47274425
Position Title: Physician Assistant
Company Name: Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush
Practice Type: Physician practice: Single specialty group
Sector: Orthopaedic - PA
Entry Level: false
We're looking for a total Joint Physician Assistant. This position will be based at our downtown, Chicago location, with flexibility to travel to our Westchester location. This position would report to our Manager of Operations, with physician input. We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush, with locations in Chicago, the Western Suburbs and Northwest Indiana, is nationally recognized as a leader in comprehensive orthopedic services. The physicians of Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush have received specialized training in orthopedic surgery and in subspecialty areas within the field of orthopedic medicine and can diagnose and treat the most complicated and rare musculoskeletal conditions.
The Orthopedic Program at Rush University Medical Center is ranked fourth nationally by U.S. News and World Report. Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush doctors are the official team physicians for the Chicago White Sox, Chicago Bulls, and the Chicago Fire Soccer Club.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for providing medical care as delegated by physician.
- Assesses patient health status including state of wellness, compliance with care plan and determines appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Triages patient calls and evaluates patient problems.
- Responds to emergencies including use of CPR.
- Documents all patient encounters and care provided in Electronic Health Record.
- Utilizes practice technology including but not limited to electronic health record, dictation, and outcomes tools to their full capability to ensure excellent patient care.
- Educates patients and families as appropriate. Provides continuity of care.
- Stays abreast of and complies with all state and federal laws including HIPAA, ADA, OSHA, and FLSA.
- Consults with other staff as necessary.
- The job holder must demonstrate current competencies applicable to this position.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Performs duties of co-workers and subordinates as workload dictates.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
BA/BS; Master's degree preferred; Graduate of AMA accredited physician assistant program; Minimum one year experience as a PA, preferably in an orthopedic clinic setting
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Current Illinois state PA license; Certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants; and Current CPR certification
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Nextgen and Athena Database software and Internet software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to type. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.