Psychologist Job In Boston, Massachusetts
DIRECTOR EMERGENCY SERVICESNext Steps... Apply Now
We are actively seeking a DIRECTOR EMERGENCY SERVICES in the Boston area to support Beacon initiatives regarding provider engagement, aggregate data management, and performance improvement.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are actively seeking a DIRECTOR EMERGENCY SERVICES in the Boston area to support Beacon initiatives regarding provider engagement, aggregate data management, and performance improvement through a shared provider strategy and support for field-based Provider Quality Managers (PQMs).
Plans, manages, and directs the MBHP/Beacon Emergency Services Program (ESP)/Mobile Crisis Intervention (MCI) program statewide, in collaboration with the AVP Provider Quality, NE Region 1 and the MBHP /Beacon Regional Provider Quality Management Staff. The Senior Director also represents MBHP/Beacon on Statewide Projects such as Boarding work-groups, ESP, SUD, and Criminal Justice Transformations, and other related initiatives. The Senior Director interfaces with all stakeholders including Provider and Member Advocacy Organizations, State Agencies Providers, and other Community Based Services. The Senior Director actively participates in projects such as planning conferences, improving HEDIS scores, initiating new projects/services, including facilitating RFR creation and initiation. Additionally, the Senior Director is responsible for achieving all contract deliverables related to ESP/MCI. Convening work-groups, developing work-plans, and implementing forward-thinking enhancements to improve existing ESP/MCI system and processes is essential to this position.
- Provide leadership, expertise, and management of MBHP's emergency services program, including all clinical, financial, operational, analytic and behavioral health service-delivery components. This includes supervision of the staff who work in the ESP department.
- Serve as a subject matter expert regarding contractual, provider and regulatory requirements and expectations around ESP/MCI services and ensure MBHP compliance.
- Provide subject matter expertise, consultation and training within MBHP/Beacon and externally with the provider network and other stakeholders regarding ESP/MCI services and effective service delivery. Serves as a liaison to MBHP/Beacon departments and the provider network regarding policies, procedures, performance standards, and initiatives related to ESP/MCI services.
- Collaborate with the Clinical Management Department on Clinical Management initiatives, particularly relating to ESP/MCI as the "front door" to MBHP/Beacon's continuum of care.
- Establish and maintain policies, procedures, processes and ongoing quality improvement initiatives to ensure that ESP/MCI provides the service as contracted, and as reflected in the performance specifications. This includes the full scope of crisis assessment, intervention and stabilization services to all covered individuals, MCI model of care for youth, and Community Crisis Stabilization (CCS) service. Works closely with Regional Provider Quality Management staff to ensure the uniform provision of ESP, MCI and CCS services throughout the Commonwealth.
- Works with the AVP of Provider Quality Management to coordinate and integrate the management of the ESP/MCI network with overall Beacon, management strategies, policies and procedures.
- Serves as business owner of ESP; providing aggregate data for Emergency Services and crisis providers. Works with the IT and reporting departments to ensure current and ongoing data and report needs are met. Develops and implements quality controls to ensure accuracy of data.
- Direct the production, review and analysis of aggregate and individual ESP and MCI provider data from claims, encounter forms and other data sources.
- Lead MBHP's monitoring and management of ESP/MCI volume, utilization trends, compliance with MBHP contracts, policies, and procedures, and overall quality.
- Work with regional staff and other MBHP/Beacon departments to plan and implement the use of data in decision-making and activities to ensure provider performance and quality improvement.
- Compile and submit financial and utilization reports as required internally and externally.
- Direct and oversee new contracting, re-contracting, contractual amendments, and contract compliance.
- Plan and facilitate bi-monthly statewide meetings with MBHP- contracted ESP/MCI providers, and invite representatives from MassHealth Office of Behavioral Health, and other MassHealth contracted MCOs to support consistency in service delivery and ongoing quality improvement.
- Oversee management/expansion of the Massachusetts Behavioral Health Access System (www .mabhaccess .com); serve as the business owner and work with the IT department to develop and manage the website; work with internal and external stakeholders to enhance and utilize the website. Produce and share data on the use of the website.
- Serve as the business owner for the ESP/MCI toll free phone number and work with the IT department to manage the line as needed. Produce and share data on utilization of the toll free line.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders related to ESP services including but not limited to senior level staff at MassHealth, other state agencies, trade organizations, providers, and consumer/family/advocacy organizations. Represent MBHP/Beacon on committees and initiatives with these stakeholders. Solicit input from key ESP stakeholders and recommend changes/revisions to ESP policies, procedures, performance specifications and quality indicators.
- Participate in initiatives including internal boarding calls, managing, collecting, and analyzing data via MABHA, and other efforts to monitor and alleviate ED Boarding.
- Responsible for oversight of Forensic Evaluations conducted by ESPs as part of a Pre-Arraignment Protocol (sect. 18A). Collaborate and serve as liaison with Designated Forensic Professionals (DFPs) and DMH forensic division; submit required reports related to forensic evaluations.
- Serve as liaison and consultant to all community-based service providers and ensure ESP/MCI teams establish and maintain linkages with local court clinics, law enforcement (including jail diversion programs) schools, social service agencies, and other health and behavioral health providers.
- Recruit, train, orient, coach, and appraise assigned staff. Establish and communicate performance expectations and initiate performance improvement planning.
- Spearhead new initiatives
An advanced degree in behavioral health, health, or public health is required.
Licenses: Licensure in the behavioral health field required
Years and Type of Relevant Work Experience: The Senior Director should have a minimum of five years' experience in managing mental health and/or substance use services
- Experience working as an ESP clinician
- Management of ESP preferred
- Financial management, clinical oversight, and contracting experience preferred
Click below on "Apply for this Position" to create a profile and apply for the position
Beacon Health Options company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled