Family Medicine Job In Edenton, North Carolina
Family Medicine Physician Job in Edenton, NCNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call JoAnn Barnhill: Sign in to view
Vidant Medical Group and Vidant Internal Medicine - Edenton are seeking a BE/BC Family Medicine physician to join an established practice. Historic Edenton, offering beautiful waterfront living on the Albemarle Sound, is located 70 miles from Norfolk, VA and 90 miles from North Carolina’s Outer Banks. Edenton, NC
- Employment by Vidant Medical Group
- New graduates are encouraged to apply, excellent mentorship available within the VMG community
- Established practice with a loyal patient base
- Clinic hours: Monday – Friday, 8 am – 5 pm
- Rotating phone Call
- System-wide integrated EMR – EPIC
- Support from local specialists: Cardiology, Orthopedics, Oncology/Hematology, Surgery, Neurology, Urology, OB/GYN, and Wound
- 24/7 Hospitalist Service for inpatient care at Vidant Chowan Hospital
- Outpatient only with geriatric focus
- Office staff includes an RN health coach and 4 MA’s
- Competitive Compensation and Comprehensive Benefit Package to include: educational loan repayment, residency stipend, annual CME stipend, relocation, vacation, sick, & holidays, malpractice (with tail), 401k matching program/ 457b, medical, dental & vision, disability & life insurance
Vidant Chowan Hospital in Edenton is a 25-bed critical access hospital which provides programs and services to 110,000 people in six counties. It offers medical and surgical services, including intensive care, a specialty care clinic and a dedicated outpatient surgery area with endoscopy capabilities. A seven-bed emergency department serves approximately 16,000 patients per year.
Edenton is a unique showcase of architecture, culture and Old South charm, located along the Albemarle Sound. Its unique historic district, quaint coffee shops and restaurants, spectacular sunsets and beautiful waterfront living combine to create an environment where everyone from young married couples to senior citizens feel at home. It’s easy to see why Forbes Magazine ranked Edenton “one of America’s prettiest towns.” In addition, it’s a short drive to the world-famous Outer Banks beaches, various water sport activities and three golf courses.
Vidant Medical Group, a multi-specialty physician group sponsored by Vidant Health, employs more than 550 providers in more than 100 locations, offering primary and specialty care. The group provides the infrastructure and leadership needed to manage a modern medical practice including processes for billing and collection, group contracting, electronic medical records and other technologies.