Health Unit Coordinator Job In Crown Point, Indiana
Health Unit Coordinator INext Steps... Apply Now
1201 South Main Street
Part-Time Benefit eligible;24.00/week
High School Diploma/ GED RequiredWHAT WE NEED
Top-notch troubleshooterWHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Our medical units are the front line of hospital care. It’s where patients & families, doctors & nurses, cafeteria aides & janitors all come together. When any unit runs like a well-oiled machine, there’s usually one person to thank: the Health Unit Coordinator. If you’re an excellent coordinator who loves problem solving, greeting people with a smile, and working in a faith-filled environment – keep reading.
Are you able to juggle on-call schedules, phone calls & patient requests with a smile? Do you have excellent multi-tasking skills? Are you a conscientious people-person? Do you want to put your skills to work in a place that values compassionate, faith-based care? We’ve got a special opportunity waiting for you.WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Manage and troubleshoot communication systems.
- Maintain on call schedules for services and communication tools.
- Answer the phone and directs incoming calls. Place outgoing calls.
- Document communication in EPIC.
- Transcribe written orders.
- Maintain/order office supplies.
- Assist in maintenance of unit statistics and in bed assignment process.
- Answer call lights.
- Identify personal learning needs. Seek opportunity for continued learning.
- Assume responsibility for information knowledge.
- Assist in orientation of new staff members.
- Utilize time productively.
- Demonstrate flexibility in staffing and adaptability to changes in patient care practice.
- Exercise safe judgement in decision making.
- Demonstrate tact and understanding when dealing with others. Respond in a positive manner to constructive criticism.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
1-3 Years Experience
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Answer your calling to help, to heal and to give compassionate care. We offer a wide variety of professional and medical careers with excellent benefits. Explore your opportunities with Franciscan Health.