Physician Assistant Job In Harrisonburg, Virginia
Orthopedic Physician AssistantNext Steps... Apply Now
Harrisonburg, Virginia, 22801, United States
Job ID: 49484318
Position Title: Orthopedic Physician Assistant
Company Name: Hess Orthopaedic Center and Sports Medicine, PLC
Sector: Orthopaedic - PA
Entry Level: NO
Job Duration: Indefinite
Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
Min Experience: 1-2 Years
Required Travel: None
Hess Orthopaedic Center and Sports Medicine, a multi-specialty physician-owned practice located in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, is looking for a Physician Assistant (PA) to work full-time in the clinic and assist in the OR.
Current staff includes 3 Orthopedic Surgeons, 1 Podiatrist (Surgical), 1 Pain Management Physician and 1 Physician Assistant. On-site office-based surgical suite, Physical Therapy, X-RAY and fluoroscopy suite.
Candidate must be Board-Certified by the American Academy of Physician Assistants and must have a minimum of 1 year of orthopedic experience in a private practice or hospital setting.
- Will split time between clinic and surgical days (1 day in OR, 4 days in clinic)
- Independent patient care in clinic (seeing post ops, pre-ops, new patients and established patients), including comprehensive spine exams and care.
- Diagnose and treat fractures (including casting)
- Administer joint, spine and hip injections
- Order and obtain imaging studies and laboratory tests, interpret those results and communicate them with the patient / physician when necessary
- Prepares patients for surgery and assist in the OR as first assist and able to perform skin closure
- Document on the practice EHR and the hospital EHR (eMD's and Epic)
- Exercise prescriptive authority to prescribe according to federal, state, and local laws
- Collaborate with multiple physicians across the practice, to include Orthopedic Surgeons, Podiatrists and Pain Management Specialists.
- Provide osteoporosis care management services
- Competitive Salary, Base + Bonus (productivity-based)
- Paid Time Off / Holiday Pay
- Reimbursement for CME, professional society membership, licensure and malpractice
Location: 4165 Quarles Court, Harrisonburg, Virginia 22801
Submit CV to: Lindsay McHone, Practice Administrator (540) 434-1664 ext. 137 email@example.com
- Valid Virginia licensure required
- Must have experience in the operating room and be proficient in skin closure
- Ability to make independent decisions
- Surgical/OR experience