Finance and Accounting Job In Omaha, Nebraska
Procurement Analyst - (Omaha, Nebraska, United States)Next Steps... Apply Now
Business: Boys Town
In a career as a Procurement Analyst, you help us keep our organization on track to meet (or better yet, exceed) our goal of bettering the lives of youth and families across the country. The Finance team at Boys Town has a big role to play in guiding the success of our brand through technical assistance, reporting and so much more. No matter the role you play at Boys Town, you contribute to helping us change the future of America's youth.
Schedule: Full Time
Conducts spend analysis, administers RFPs, and coordinates vendor compliance.
- Analyzes spending trends and categories to recommend changes in vendors, items, contracts, quantity, substitutions and other insights to improve purchase power.
- Analyzes purchasing opportunities with internal departments, vendors, and consortiums, to support the optimal and cost-effective goods and services selection.
- Studies market trends and researches products and competitive pricing.
- Analyzes quotes received and recommends source of suppliers.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to establish specifications for RFQ’s, RFI’s and RFP’s. Solicits RFPs and bids for commodities and services.
- Develops bid analysis criteria and works with stakeholders on bid evaluation.
- Creates bid documents, issues bids, and resolves vendor inquiries about open bids.
- Prepares analysis of returned bids and consults stakeholders for review and award recommendations and to verify compliance; writes vendor award and non-award letters.
- Resolves and/or investigates vendor compliance issues and inquiries. Works with appropriate parties, e.g., Compliance Department, for resolution.
- Manages supplier performance for purchasing agreements by monitoring and maintaining supplier performance scorecards and quality management programs. Works with appropriate internal stakeholders to ensure vendor service delivery commitments are met.
- Performs periodic category reviews and analysis, including bidding and negotiation to ensure departments have access to qualified vendors.
- Communicates information on policies, procedures, order status or request for specification and pricing assistance; develops, writes, and effectively communicates purchasing services related content.
- Manage material requirement planning and data maintenance best practices within the materials management system.
- Manage the inventory replenishment processes at the SKU level and address changes and issues that arise.
- Bachelor's Degree (in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Information Systems, Supply Chain and/or related area) or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 to 5 years of experience including procurement analysis.
- Skilled in collecting and analyzing data, discerning patterns, identifying problems, and developing and recommending practical, applicable solutions.
- Knowledge of project management phases, techniques, and tools.
- Ability to communicate at all levels in the organization and with external business contacts in an articulate, professional manner.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: January 8, 2021
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
What would happen if you could ?improve circumstances for those who are suffering from abuse, addiction, abandonment or violence, so they could reach their potential?
That is the question Boys Town has spent a century answering. It is what inspired and drove our founder, Father Edward J. Flanagan, and it continues to motivate our mission to this day.
Boys Town believes today, as our founder did 100 years ago, that every child deserves a future, every family deserves to stay together and every community deserves to thrive. And we believe that all of these things should be achievable without regard to race, religion or background.
So, for the young man dodging gunfire on the streets just to get to school, the family torn apart by substance abuse, and the community crumbling from neglect and social disorder, Boys Town offers hope. But we offer hope as more than just an abstract concept; we substantiate it with programs and solutions grounded in our deep experience and supported by our decades of research.
Though we have grown to become a national organization that reaches communities from coast to coast, and our scope has expanded to include in-home family counseling, health care and programs to rebuild at-risk schools, Boys Town remains forever driven by our founder’s singular vision. And with your help, we will do so well into our second century and beyond.