RN Job In Rolla, Missouri
RN Psychiatric Services
This job was posted 4 days ago. Be one of the first applicants.
Rolla, Missouri 65401 Type of Facility: Hospital
The Registered Nurse (RN) provides direct patient care to patients using the nursing process, demonstrating clinical competence relevant to the area of nursing practice, and adhering to the ANA Code of Ethics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Performs initial and ongoing assessments in all aspects of patient care to monitor patient status, improve quality, enhance patient safety, and to provide accurate information to health care team members.
2. Communicates to physicians and appropriate team members pertinent patient information in order to improve patient outcomes and quality care. Communicates to patient and family members in a timely manner that enhances the patient experience and promotes learning to support health care outcomes.
3. Documents accurately and efficiently all patient care activities and required quality monitoring items to support the achievement of compliance with established quality measures (i.e. Core measures).
4. Delegates appropriately to team members while maintaining an atmosphere fostering team work and accountability. Demonstrates understanding of the dynamics of health care, adapting to change in a positive and professional manner in an attempt to support the hospital mission, vision, and values. Incorporates critical thinking into his/her nursing practice and attempts to develop skills and abilities through continued education and various educational opportunities.
5. Provides quality nursing care including administration of medications, nursing intervention, and patient and family teaching. All actions are performed within the guidelines established in hospital policy and procedure. These actions will support quality outcomes and patient safety.
6. Follows established hospital policy regarding patient safety measures such as infection prevention, safe patient handling and movement, critical lab notification, etc. to insure that patient care is provided in an optimally safe environment. Maintains and cares for central lines and prevents surgical site infections per policy.
Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing preferred.
Graduate from an accredited school of nursing required.
Minimum Work Experience
One year psychiatric nursing experience preferred.
American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required.
American Heart Association Basic Life Support required
Current RN license in the State of Missouri or Compact State.
Graduate nurses (GN) must obtain licensure within 90 days of graduation.
Considerable mental concentration required. Lifting up to 35 lbs., turning activities and nearly constant walking required. Standing, turning, carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, crouching, twisting, and reaching.
Frequent exposure to infectious disease and hostile persons at times. Frequent exposure to communicable disease via blood and other body fluids. Minimal physical discomfort.
Phelps Health, one of the largest employers in the region, is seeking talented people who are committed to integrity, compassion, innovation and philanthropy. Phelps Health has a variety of job opportunities available, including clinical positions, such as nurses and care providers, as well as non-clinical careers, such as support staff. All of our employees make a difference in the patient experience, no matter what role they serve. Find your career at Phelps Health today.