Nurse Practitioner Job In Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina
Newborn/Pediatric Hospitalist NP/PA Opportunity in Roanoke Rapids, NCNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Steven Mitchell: Sign in to view
Vidant Medical Group and Vidant North Hospital, located in Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina, are seeking a Pediatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner, dual certified NNP/PNP or Physician Assistant with at least 2 years of PICU/NICU experience to join the team.
- Employment by Vidant Medical Group
- Hospital privileges at Vidant North Hospital, a 204-bed community hospital and James and Connie Maynard Children’s Hospital at Vidant Medical Center, the tertiary care Children’s Hospital.
- Opportunity due to programmatic expansion, excellent opportunity for autonomy and providing high-quality rural healthcare
- Clinical responsibilities include: admission & management of newborn and pediatric patients, provider coverage of newborn nursery, provide ED pediatric consults and answer after hours pediatric calls
· Initial and ongoing competencies maintained through intermittent rotations at the James and Connie Maynard Children’s Hospital in Greenville, NC, which is the tertiary care center for all children in eastern North Carolina, hosting a level IV NICU, level II pediatric trauma program, and all subspecialist coverage.
· Supervising physician and physician support from active ECU pediatric physicians working within Maynard Children’s Hospital
· 7 on/7 off schedule
· Excellent compensation and benefits including relocation
· Must be master's prepared with specialization in Pediatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
· Eligible for NC RN licensure & NC Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant; National Board Certification as an NP/PA required
Roanoke Rapids is located in northeastern North Carolina close to the Virginia border. Whether you prefer downtown living or more rural lake living, Roanoke Rapids/Halifax County has the perfect spot to call home! Roanoke Rapids affords residents the comforts of small town living within close proximity to the beautiful waterways of North Carolina and Virginia including the Roanoke River and Lake Gaston. Friendly neighborhoods conveniently located near the hospital, vast country acreage, and waterfront home sites are just a few of the things that make Roanoke Rapids unique.
- A desirable climate with mild winters and four distinct seasons – ideal for outdoor enthusiasts
- Outstanding recreation including golf courses, community theater, water sports, hunting, camping, fishing, community and state parks
- Close proximity to North Carolina and Virginia beaches
- Affordable cost of living
- Excellent public and private school options
North Carolina has many draws to include vast state parks, professional sports teams (NBA, NFL and NHL), pristine beaches, high-ranking public colleges/universities and diverse arts and cultural offerings - making the area an attractive location to live, practice medicine and vacation.
Vidant North Hospital is a 204-bed hospital that employs over 60 physicians and 800 plus team members. With a service area that includes Halifax, Northampton, and Warren counties, the hospital offers a broad range of medical and surgical services including 24-hour emergency care, primary and specialty care, and diagnostic services.