Secretary & Assistant Job In Omaha, Nebraska
Research Assistant, Neuro Phys - (Omaha, Nebraska, United States)Next Steps... Apply Now
Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
Job Summary: In a career as a Research Assistant, your behind-the-scenes work is what leads to making the magic of our mission come true every day. You will join us in providing life-changing care to patients from across the region. In the Research Assistant role, you support the development and completion of research and evaluation projects by participating in research and evaluation activities. No matter your role at Boys Town, you contribute to helping us change the way America cares for children and families.
Schedule: Full Time
Under the general supervision of appropriate Research Program Director or of a Research Associate, works on various phases of research studies being performed, including data entry and analysis, subject recruitment and testing. Research Assistants will have the opportunity to work on collaborative projects with leadership and other faculty across research centers in the hospital. Will also have a focus on specific projects with typically and atypically developing children ages 2-8 years old. Some atypical populations include ADHD, stress, anxiety, developmental delays. Gain knowledge and collect neural data as well as develop professional skills such as conference presentations and manuscript writing. Responsible for data collection, participant recruitment, analysis, as well as the day to day of running the lab.
- Assists in data collection and managing of databases. Will be responsible for entering data from testing, managing subject files and keeping track of subject compensation.
- Assists in the recruitment, scheduling, and testing of research studies using human subjects (adults and children, including individuals with atypical developmental).
- Assists in advertising for new studies, phone screens of potential participants, scheduling testing and administering neurophysiology and behavioral testing.
- Uses computers to analyze results of experiments. Assists in processing neurophysiology data and recording behavioral data for different research projects.
- Requires a high school diploma and at minimum one year of college coursework.
- Bachelors degree (with an emphasis in psychology, neuroscience, biomechanics, speech and hearing, communication sciences/disorders, linguistics, computer science, or related field) strongly preferred
- Ability to apply Math aptitude in order to perform data analyses and generate results.
- High level of professionalism and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Ability to communicate in an articulate, professional manner while maintaining necessary degree of confidentiality.
About Boys Town: Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. Our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: August 27, 2021
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
What would happen if you could ?improve circumstances for those who are suffering from abuse, addiction, abandonment or violence, so they could reach their potential?
That is the question Boys Town has spent a century answering. It is what inspired and drove our founder, Father Edward J. Flanagan, and it continues to motivate our mission to this day.
Boys Town believes today, as our founder did 100 years ago, that every child deserves a future, every family deserves to stay together and every community deserves to thrive. And we believe that all of these things should be achievable without regard to race, religion or background.
So, for the young man dodging gunfire on the streets just to get to school, the family torn apart by substance abuse, and the community crumbling from neglect and social disorder, Boys Town offers hope. But we offer hope as more than just an abstract concept; we substantiate it with programs and solutions grounded in our deep experience and supported by our decades of research.
Though we have grown to become a national organization that reaches communities from coast to coast, and our scope has expanded to include in-home family counseling, health care and programs to rebuild at-risk schools, Boys Town remains forever driven by our founder’s singular vision. And with your help, we will do so well into our second century and beyond.