Human Resources Job In Omaha, Nebraska
HR Specialist - (Omaha, Nebraska, United States)
This job was posted 4 days ago. Be one of the first applicants.
you contribute to our greatest asset, our people and culture of Boys Town. The No matter the role you play at Boys Town, you further our commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities.
- Maintains the record keeping and data collection functions required for compliance with federal and state employment laws, COA, The Joint Commission, state licensing, EEO/AA, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Obtains proper documentation to satisfy State Licensing, as well as necessary documentation to meet minimum qualifications for positions organization wide.
- Verifies paperwork is complete in preparation for audits by licensing agencies such as Joint Commission, COA, etc.
- Assists with the coordination, collection and quality checking of on-boarding and recurring records processing organization wide.
- Assists with the coordination of new employee orientation by assembling rosters and distributing information to facilitators, preparing welcome packets, auditing attendance, and monitoring the return of required paperwork.
- Creates new employee personnel files and performs on-going file maintenance to ensure compliance.
- Ensures that appropriate references and background checks are completed and documented for each new employee.
- Verifies the accuracy of each employee's I-9 form and e-verify reporting in accordance with federal guidelines.
- Maintains a tracking system to schedule and monitor the completion of required health screens per licensing requirements.
- Provides HR support for volunteers and other non-employees including the processing of non-employee forms, data tracking, ordering background checks and ensuring compliance processes are in place.
- Maintains a tracking system to ensure that all required staff maintains a valid driver's license, auto insurance and professional licensure, as required.
- Assists with the completion of recurring motor vehicle, criminal, sex-offender and child and adult abuse registry background checks for current employees.
- High School Diploma and 2 years of relevant work experience in the Human Resources field required; Associate's Degree preferred.
- Familiarity with employment, employment laws, EEO, and personnel records keeping practices highly preferred.
- Ability to apply knowledge of policies and procedures and accurately interpret and give correct and consistent information upon request.
- Working knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented and possess the ability to work successfully in a team environment.
- Ability to exercise good interpersonal communication skills to interact with internal and external individuals at all levels.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
September 13th, 2021
What would happen if you could ?improve circumstances for those who are suffering from abuse, addiction, abandonment or violence, so they could reach their potential?
That is the question Boys Town has spent a century answering. It is what inspired and drove our founder, Father Edward J. Flanagan, and it continues to motivate our mission to this day.
Boys Town believes today, as our founder did 100 years ago, that every child deserves a future, every family deserves to stay together and every community deserves to thrive. And we believe that all of these things should be achievable without regard to race, religion or background.
So, for the young man dodging gunfire on the streets just to get to school, the family torn apart by substance abuse, and the community crumbling from neglect and social disorder, Boys Town offers hope. But we offer hope as more than just an abstract concept; we substantiate it with programs and solutions grounded in our deep experience and supported by our decades of research.
Though we have grown to become a national organization that reaches communities from coast to coast, and our scope has expanded to include in-home family counseling, health care and programs to rebuild at-risk schools, Boys Town remains forever driven by our founder’s singular vision. And with your help, we will do so well into our second century and beyond.