Finance and Accounting Job In Omaha, Nebraska
Senior Financial Analyst - Healthcare - (Omaha, Nebraska, United States)
This job was posted 7 days ago. Be one of the first applicants.
Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
In a career as a Senior Financial Analyst, you join us in providing life-changing care to patients from across the region.
Schedule: Full Time
Performs complex analysis of all aspects of the organization as requested using advanced report writing skills.
- Uses advanced knowledge of Excel functions such as pivot tables, formulas, graphs, importing and merging data from various sources summarizes data in an accurate and professional manner.
- Analyzes reports written by IT staff to ensure accuracy of data.
- Summarizes findings using both written and visual aids such as tables, graphs and charts.
Oversees the management, interpretation and analysis of all professional/physician contracts, communicating findings in a professional and organized fashion to the Director of Finance and/or the Vice President of Finance (BTNRH).
- Maintains summary of all professional/physician contracts, terms and rates.
- Prepares and analyzes physician payroll.
- Prepares ongoing analysis of net collection rates for physicians.
- Updates and calculates anesthesia compensation and analysis.
- Participates in cost management and development of management reports relative to costs and charges as appropriate.
- Calculates physician visits and other hospital service visits on a monthly basis.
- Writes queries as requested by administrative and clinic management personnel.
- Coordinates the running and distribution of the month-end reports.
- Prepares the necessary EHR reports for the State of Nebraska.
Completes the monthly balancing and reconciliation of the Patient Financial Systems and generates monthly reports used by Accounting in reconciliation and preparation of journal entries into Banner.
- Provides monthly stats to Accounting for use in the generation of financials.
- Investigates and resolves any discrepancies found in the data.
- Runs queries on the Patient Financial Systems as requested by administrative and clinical management ensuring integrity of data.
- Prepares annual budget.
- Assists in preparation of year end work papers for outside auditors.
- Other Duties: This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor in order to meet the needs of the organization
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master's degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience in a healthcare environment, required
- Extensive experience with personal computers and spreadsheet software
- Must have demonstrated financial analysis experience
- Previous experience in healthcare billing, revenue cycle and accounting highly desirable.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: September 14, 2021
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
What would happen if you could ?improve circumstances for those who are suffering from abuse, addiction, abandonment or violence, so they could reach their potential?
That is the question Boys Town has spent a century answering. It is what inspired and drove our founder, Father Edward J. Flanagan, and it continues to motivate our mission to this day.
Boys Town believes today, as our founder did 100 years ago, that every child deserves a future, every family deserves to stay together and every community deserves to thrive. And we believe that all of these things should be achievable without regard to race, religion or background.
So, for the young man dodging gunfire on the streets just to get to school, the family torn apart by substance abuse, and the community crumbling from neglect and social disorder, Boys Town offers hope. But we offer hope as more than just an abstract concept; we substantiate it with programs and solutions grounded in our deep experience and supported by our decades of research.
Though we have grown to become a national organization that reaches communities from coast to coast, and our scope has expanded to include in-home family counseling, health care and programs to rebuild at-risk schools, Boys Town remains forever driven by our founder’s singular vision. And with your help, we will do so well into our second century and beyond.