Dentist Job In Owensboro, Kentucky
Lead dentist at the Community Dental Clinic - Owensboro, KYNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
A full time, position responsible for providing clinical dental services and preventive dental care in a community dental center setting. The Staff Dentist supervises the dental assistants and dental hygienists of the community dental center in the absence of the Director.
- Full time, lead dentist to practice general dentistry to all patients
- Well-established, reputable not-for-profit dental clinic
- New, beautiful facility
- No after-hours call – Monday-Friday 8am-4pm
Education and Training:
- Graduation from an accredited dental school
- Completion of an accredited general practice residency program is preferred
- Knowledge of public health principles and practices preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills required
- Ability to maintain appropriate clinical privileges required
Licensure and Credentials:
- Unrestricted license to practice dentistry in the State of Kentucky
- Current CPR (BLS) certifications
- Current Kentucky Board of Dentistry and DEA registrations
- Current Medicare and Medicaid provider numbers
Requires a comprehensive knowledge of primary dental care in outpatient settings. Knowledge of the principles and practice of modern dentistry as well as current social and economic problems pertaining to public health and their impact on primary health care.
Contact Colette Rogier for more information at 270-691-6205, option 9 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Practice in Owensboro?
As a physician, you want a professional position that promises dedication to quality, advanced technology, excellence in medicine and commitment to professional growth.
In your off-hours, you want to relax in a community that offers a family-friendly lifestyle, excellent schools and plenty of cultural, recreational and entertainment activities. You’ll find the best of both of these worlds as a physician at Owensboro Health in Owensboro, Kentucky.
About Owensboro, Kentucky
Not only does Owensboro offer great career opportunities and a high-quality lifestyle, but we are the main hub of western Kentucky and a premier city in the Midwest. Owensboro and the surrounding region are known for a friendly atmosphere. Located on the southern banks of the Ohio River, Owensboro has a low crime rate and cost of living, a high quality of life and a wide variety of housing options.
As one of America's best places to live and work, Owensboro has much to offer, including:
- Ranked #1 in the WORLD - Smothers Park Riverfront playground, spray-park, Riverwalk, concessions, fountains, and live outdoor entertainment/music space
- $200 million invested in downtown revitalization has resulted in:
- Two new award-winning hotels, with a third under construction
- New convention center
- #1 ranked playground in the WORLD
- Numerous new restaurants, and unique shopping
- Opened in 2017 - $15M construction for the new International Bluegrass Museum and Music venue
- Enjoy the outdoors: gorgeous state parks, bike trails, a skate park, 15-mile Greenbelt walking/running/biking trail encircling the city, 5 golf courses, fishing, disc golf.
- Kentucky’s #1 Sportstown (Sports Illustrated): Owensboro Oilers baseball, year-round municipal ice area, host to numerous softball/baseball national tournaments, 4-field football complexes, 10-field soccer complexes, 5,000 seat indoor arena, numerous indoor gymnasiums, brand new tennis complex, Kentucky Motor Speedway
Known as the “City of Festivals,” annual events include the popular International Bar-B-Q Festival, the Bluegrass Music Hall of Fame & Museum's ROMP Festival, Owensboro Dragon Boat Festival, East Bridge Art & Music Festival, Owensboro Air Show and Big O Music Fest. Check out Visit Owensboro for a list of other upcoming events. Circle your calendar and join us for some Owensboro-style food and fun!
Owensboro is home to three excellent museums, each with its own unique style and flavor. For the art lover, the Owensboro Museum of Fine Art offers fascinating permanent collections, major travel exhibits, interpretive events, and more. Visit the Owensboro Museum of Science and History for a trip back in time or a fun family frolic through the PlayZeum. The Bluegrass Music Hall of Fame & Museum is a jewel for music fans or anyone who loves history and heritage. Don't forget to check out the Owensboro Dance Theatre, Western Kentucky Botanical Garden and Back Alley Musicals.
Sure, Owensboro is home to some of the world's best barbecue, but there are plenty of delicious choices to fit any palate! Visit the Greater Owensboro Chamber of Commerce to search for great dining options.
Owensboro is home to Brescia University, Kentucky Wesleyan College, an extended campus for Western Kentucky University, Owensboro Community and Technical College and University of Louisville Nursing School.
K-12: Two public school systems that are nationally ranked in academics, liberal arts, and athletics. Private Catholic school system, Montessori Academy (PreK - 8th)
From symphony concerts to Broadway plays, the RiverPark Center nestled on the scenic banks of the Ohio River, is a regional center for arts and entertainment. Meanwhile, Theatre Workshop of Owensboro offers outstanding community theater in a quaint and intimate setting.
Owensboro offers two bustling park systems, with numerous trails and pools, the dazzling new Edge Ice Arena and the venerable Owensboro Sportscenter, a 5,000-seat arena which hosts conventions, sports events, and trade shows.
So much to see and do in Owensboro...where do you start? Visit the Owensboro-Daviess County Convention and Visitors Bureau. You can also learn more about Owensboro through the Greater Owensboro Chamber of Commerce - the 2010 Chamber of the Year!