Non-Clinical Entry Level Job In Omaha, Nebraska
Research Assistant - Brain Architecture, Imaging and Cognitive Laboratory - (Omaha, Nebraska, United States)Next Steps... Apply Now
Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
the Brain Architecture, Imaging and Cognitive Laboratory you would work on various phases of research studies being performed, including data entry and analysis, subject recruitment and testing.
Schedule: Full time day hours M-F, some Saturdays will be needed.
- Assists in the preparation of stimuli and development of appropriate test procedures.
- Assists in data collection and managing databases. Will be responsible for entering data from testing, managing subject files and keeping track of subject compensation.
- Uses computers to analyze results of experiments. Will assist in processing imaging data and collecting behavioral data for different research projects.
- Assists in the recruitment, scheduling, and testing in research studies using human subjects. Will assist in advertising for new studies, phone screens of potential participants, scheduling testing and administering behavioral testing.
- High-school diploma required; completion of some college coursework in science or engineering is preferred
- Previous research experience working with human subjects, preferred, and
- good interpersonal skills, close attention to details, math aptitude, and flexibility in duties performed.
About Boys Town: Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: November 15, 2021
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
What would happen if you could ?improve circumstances for those who are suffering from abuse, addiction, abandonment or violence, so they could reach their potential?
That is the question Boys Town has spent a century answering. It is what inspired and drove our founder, Father Edward J. Flanagan, and it continues to motivate our mission to this day.
Boys Town believes today, as our founder did 100 years ago, that every child deserves a future, every family deserves to stay together and every community deserves to thrive. And we believe that all of these things should be achievable without regard to race, religion or background.
So, for the young man dodging gunfire on the streets just to get to school, the family torn apart by substance abuse, and the community crumbling from neglect and social disorder, Boys Town offers hope. But we offer hope as more than just an abstract concept; we substantiate it with programs and solutions grounded in our deep experience and supported by our decades of research.
Though we have grown to become a national organization that reaches communities from coast to coast, and our scope has expanded to include in-home family counseling, health care and programs to rebuild at-risk schools, Boys Town remains forever driven by our founder’s singular vision. And with your help, we will do so well into our second century and beyond.