Management Job In Toledo, Ohio
Branch Volunteer Coordinator - Part TimeNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Jennifer Garver: Sign in to view
Branch Volunteer Coordinator - Part Time
U.S. Medical Management (USMM) is an affiliate of a leading Fortune 100 company. A national organization built on a continuum of care with premier healthcare providers, clinicians and patient focused individuals working together. Our Mission – “Through Compassionate Patient-Centered Care in the Home; We will Provide Exceptional Outcomes across our Continuum of Services” – Visiting Physicians Association, Pinnacle Senior Care, Grace Hospice, Comfort Hospice, Home DME & our In Home Health Assessments (IHA).
Our Values of Integrity, Respect, Teamwork & Excellence are leading us to a better tomorrow for patient care. Our Purposes Centered on “We are Unified in our Work through our Continuum of Services” “We can Find Comfort that We are Making a Difference for our Patients” & “We make a Broader Positive Impact on Society”, allows USMM to be poised for a phenomenal future.
We are seeking candidates who desire the experience of delivering quality & compassionate healthcare within proven care models with patients at the forefront of everything we do.
The Branch Volunteer Coordinator provides supervision of the volunteers at the Hospice Care Program. In addition, the Volunteer Coordinator provides assistance in the hospice’s ancillary/office activities, as well as in direct patient care services, which will include offering to assist patients and families with volunteer needs until a volunteer can be placed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises volunteer staff and interfaces with all levels of management regarding volunteer activities
- Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of the volunteer’s performance
- Document and demonstrate viable and ongoing efforts to recruit and retain volunteers
- Performs the training and orientation of volunteer, which will include the following:
- Their duties and responsibilities
- The persons to whom they report
- The person(s) to contact should they need assistance and instructions regarding performance of their duties and responsibilities
- Hospice goals, services, and philosophy
- Confidentiality and protection of the patient’s and family’s rights
- Family dynamics, coping mechanisms and psychological issues surrounding terminal illness, death and bereavement
- Procedures to be followed in an emergency, or following the death of the patient
- Guidance related specifically to individual responsibility
- Assumes the duties and responsibilities of a volunteer when working in that capacity
- Attends and successfully completes additional agency training, which is consistent with the specific tasks that the Volunteer Coordinator performs
- Communicates appropriately with patient, family, and agency staff
- Participates in interdisciplinary group meetings every 2 weeks, or more frequently if required
- Provides assistance in the agency’s ancillary and office activities
- Attends all mandatory in-services and meetings provided by agency
- Participates in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement (QAPI) program through submission of data focusing on indicators related to improved palliative outcomes and serving on QAPI team
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities
- Understands and apply basic infection control principles and procedures. Will contact supervisor with any concerns related to infection control
- Follows agency policies and procedures to operate and furnish services in compliance with all applicable Federal, State, and local laws and regulations
- Performs additional duties as assigned
REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Must maintain a valid driver's license and good driving record
- 0-Two years of office management experience
- Be available at all times during agency operating hours
- Has the mental and physical health necessary to meet the demands of the position
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Proficiency in personal computer use including email, clinical, word processing, and spreadsheet software
PREFERRED Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Certified in Volunteer Administration (CVA), through Council for Certification in Volunteer Administration
- Two years of experience within hospice
- EMR experience
Reaching out to those in need is more than a career, it’s a calling.
If you share our philosophy, come share our success and exceptional growth potential.
Making every moment count
We believe that quality of life starts with excellent care provided by our team of physicians, nurses, hospice aides, social workers, chaplains and volunteers. We are also proud to acknowledge that all of our locations are accredited by the Community Health Accreditation Partner (CHAP) – one of the most stringent accrediting bodies in the nation.
Career opportunities include:
- Nurse Case Managers- RN (field)
- Nurse Leaders - Clinical Managers (RN)
- Travel Nurses- RN's
- Hospice Aides
- Administrators (RN Required)
- Medical Directors (MD or DO)
- Medical Social Workers