Management Job In Omaha, Nebraska
Development Project Specialist - (Omaha, Nebraska, United States)Next Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Business: Boys Town
Our Development Operations group is actively seeking an experienced individual to join the team in the role of Development Project Specialist. This individual should possess strong technical skills coupled with administrative and project coordination expertise. You will assist the Development team with the effective implementation, coordination, and management of Development campaigns, projects, and programs. This position also provides ongoing support of Development administrative activities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & DUTIES:
- Assists in the coordination and management of projects, campaigns, and events from inception to successful completion.
- Develops, maintains, and monitors detailed project schedules including timelines, workflow, budgets, personnel, and resources; maintains project calendars and tracks updates or modifications to project plans.
- Coordinates and participates in project planning meetings.
- Facilitates collaboration between project decision-makers.
- Maintains, updates, and distributes project progress reports and metrics including budget estimates, cost tracking, and return-on-investment.
- Gathers and maintains development collateral for events.
- Coordinate’s efforts to ensure that projects remain on schedule and within budget parameters.
- Serves as a role model in carrying out the Father Flanagan's Boys' Home mission.
- Directs all activities towards the fulfillment of the Boys Town mission
- Directs all actions to reflect the values and principles of Boys Town
- Establishes and maintains an environment that encourages teamwork, collaboration, and ethical behavior
- Maintains regular, reliable and predictable attendance
- Supports other members of the management team and their work
- Other Duties: This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor in order to meet the needs of the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to be innovative, and to understand and analyze different markets.
- Excellent critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong presentation skills.
- Strong personal organization skills, and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and set priorities.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word; knowledge of prospect management software.
- Ability to adapt to a cross-cultural environment and effectively interact with all departments and employee levels.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to work with highly confidential and sensitive data and information.
- Ability to build and sustain successful, professional relationships.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred.
- 1 to 2 years of development and volunteer experience including experience with focus groups and working with and understanding high net worth donors
- Experience facilitating multiple projects or events simultaneously is preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSURES, AND LANGUAGE SKILLS:
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND EQUIPMENT USAGE:
Position requires little to moderate physical activity. Handling of average weight objects up to 20 pounds or standing and/or walking or at a keyboard, workstation, or desk.
Work is typically in a normal office administrative environment involving minimal exposure to physical risks.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
What would happen if you could ?improve circumstances for those who are suffering from abuse, addiction, abandonment or violence, so they could reach their potential?
That is the question Boys Town has spent a century answering. It is what inspired and drove our founder, Father Edward J. Flanagan, and it continues to motivate our mission to this day.
Boys Town believes today, as our founder did 100 years ago, that every child deserves a future, every family deserves to stay together and every community deserves to thrive. And we believe that all of these things should be achievable without regard to race, religion or background.
So, for the young man dodging gunfire on the streets just to get to school, the family torn apart by substance abuse, and the community crumbling from neglect and social disorder, Boys Town offers hope. But we offer hope as more than just an abstract concept; we substantiate it with programs and solutions grounded in our deep experience and supported by our decades of research.
Though we have grown to become a national organization that reaches communities from coast to coast, and our scope has expanded to include in-home family counseling, health care and programs to rebuild at-risk schools, Boys Town remains forever driven by our founder’s singular vision. And with your help, we will do so well into our second century and beyond.