Neurosurgery Job In New Orleans, Louisiana
Neurosurgery Opportunity at Tulane Medical CenterNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Job Summary:The Department of Neurological Surgery at Tulane University School of Medicine is seeking a board certified or eligible neurosurgeon to join the faculty.
- Join a robust academic group of neuroscience clinical educators as the program continues to expand to provide care at university-affiliated hospitals in the New Orleans Metropolitan area.
- The Department of Neurological Surgery is committed to providing outstanding patient care and the department is seeking an individual with that same commitment.
- Candidate will receive an academic appointment at Tulane School of Medicine at the Assistant, Associate or Full Professor level dependent on previous academic accomplishments and experience.
- This position will be expected to work in collaboration with other faculty members of the Neuroscience Center.
- As a faculty member, the candidate will be expected to play an important role in the education of residents, fellows and students.
- This position will be supported to provide general neurosurgery services.
- Board certified or board eligible general neurosurgeon.
- Eligible for licensure in the state of Louisiana
- Candidates from underrepresented minorities are encouraged to apply
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- 403(b) university-funded retirement plan
- Outstanding educational benefits including tuition waiver and the option to participate in the tuition exchange program
- Employee assistance program
- Employee wellness program
- Family-friendly work environment complete with two child care centers on the downtown and uptown campuses
- Tulane Medical Center is an acclaimed teaching, research, and medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane physicians provide leading-edge care ranging from primary to tertiary to quaternary in a vast number of specialties.
- With 235+ beds and 600+ physicians, Tulane Medical Center continues to grow to reflect the changing needs of the community. In addition to the downtown campus, Tulane Medical Center includes the Tulane Hospital for Women and Children campus in Metairie and the Lakeview Regional Medical Center campus in Covington.
- Within walking distance of the French Quarter, the New Orleans hospital provides expert medical care for children and adults. Our doctors specialize in the routine care of infants, children, adolescents, and adults, providing a wide range of family care services.
- Our mission is to provide world-class patient care, education, and research.
New Orleans, LA, nicknamed the “Big Easy,” offers an unparalleled nightlife and music scene. It also delivers a world-famous food and culinary experience unlike any other. The city has been named #1 Most Improved on the “Best Business Cities” list by the Wall Street Journal. There are numerous neighborhoods to explore especially if you are seeking charm and character - Warehouse District, Garden District, Gentilly, and many others. Whether a townhouse, double gallery home, center-hall or bungalow – we have the community for you. Some of the biggest employers in the city include Tulane University, Entergy Corporation, and Whitney Holding Corp.
New Orleans is one of America's most livable and interesting cities, a harmonious blend of old and new. Cradled within a crescent on the the lower Mississippi River, New Orleans began as a French colony in 1718. It was ruled alternately by the French and Spanish until the Louisiana Purchase by the United States in 1803. The French Quarter, or Vieux Carré, is the site of the original settlement. The Quarter streets remain essentially as they were 250 years ago. Much of the city's charm is reflected here in its architecture, language, cuisine and unique traditions. From the Vieux Carré, the city spreads to other areas, each with distinctive culture, architecture, and traditions. The Garden District is a magnificent assemblage of ante-bellum and Victorian mansions. Other popular residential areas are found in the uptown university section and along the shores of Lake Pontchartrain.
Enthusiasts of boating, fishing, tennis, biking, roller-blading, jogging, and other outdoor activities appreciate the year round mild climate. Numerous 5K and 10K races are scheduled throughout the year. Cultural offerings include symphony, theater, opera, the New Orleans Museum of Art, the nationally-acclaimed D-day Museum, the world-class Audubon Zoo and the Aquarium of the Americas. The city is also home to the New Orleans Saints NFL football team, and the New Orleans Zephyrs AAA baseball team, and the New Orleans Brass Ice Hockey Team. Cultural and recreational opportunities abound. Residents may take advantage of numerous recreational programs and facilities. Both Audubon Park and City Park are within easy reach of the medical school. Tickets to Tulane University football and basketball games are free to Tulane University students and are available at discounted prices to members of the University community.
Southeast Louisiana's proximity to the Gulf of Mexico and its abundant bayous, lakes, and rivers make it a paradise for seafood lovers. The world-famous cuisine of this city, a unique blend of French, Spanish, Caribbean, African, Latin American and Southern US influences, is served in restaurants ranging from elegant, old-line establishments to small, family owned ethnic and neighborhood favorites. New Orleans is an extremely affordable city. Reasonably priced housing of all kinds is widely available. Abundant opportunities for free or inexpensive recreation include beautiful urban parks, street musicians and artists, and the city's hundreds of National Historic Register landmarks, streets and neighborhoods.
Tulane Medical Center is an award-winning hospital and ER in New Orleans and offers advanced medical care in the Jefferson and Orleans parishes. The emergency room (ER) is within walking distance of the French Quarter, with fast average ER wait times.
The New Orleans hospital provides expert medical care for children and adults. Our doctors specialize in the routine care of infants, children, adolescents, and adults, providing a wide range of pediatric and family care services. Make an appointment with one of our medical experts today!
Tulane Medical Center has two satellite campuses, Tulane Lakeside Hospital in Metairie, and Lakeview Regional Medical Center in Covington.