RN Job In West Columbia, South Carolina
RN Nurse Residency- Critical Care (ICU, Intermediate ICU, Progressive Cardiac)Next Steps... Apply Now Register Now
West Columbia, South Carolina 29169 Type of Facility: Hospital
RN Nurse Residency- Critical Care (ICU, Intermediate ICU, Progressive Cardiac)
“To provide quality healthcare services that meet the needs of our communities.”
Currently Eligible for:
- $7,500 sign on bonus
- $5250 Student Loan Repayment
- Potential relocation available
The RN Nurse Residency is for newly graduated Registered Nurses with less than one year of nursing experience. This year-long program includes:
- 10-12 PAID weeks of 1:1 Precepted Experiences on 1-2 Patient Care Units
- Online Orientation Modules
- Professional Development Classes
o Clinical Lecture Day
o Basic Arrhythmia (for required units)
o Arrhythmia Treatment (for required units)
o Complex Patient Management
o Time Management/Conflict Resolution
- Completion of an Evidence-Based Project with Implementation Opportunity
- Scheduled Support Meetings with the Residency Coordinators
With completion of our RN Nurse Residency, our Nurse Residents can competently:
- Utilize the nursing process to promote and restore patient’s health status.
- Collaborate with physicians and multidisciplinary team members.
- Provide physical and psychological support to patients, family members and significant others.
- Supervise assigned team members.
- Use a systematic critical-thinking approach to guide data gathering, assessment, nursing judgement, intervention and evaluation of human responses.
- Ensure all responsibilities are carried out in accordance with the mission, vision, strategic imperatives and standards of the organization, American Nurses Association Standards and in accordance with the provisions/statues set forth by the South Carolina Nurse Practice Act.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing school within past one year is preferred.
- Entry-level nurses serving in their first nursing role are required to participate in the Nurse Residency Program.
- Entry-level nurses who are not in their first nursing role may participate in the Nurse Residency Program at the discretion of the program leadership team.
o However, no longer than 12 months shall elapse from the time of graduation from the prelicensure nursing program to admission into the Nurse Residency Program
- ADN, BSN, or MEPN degrees accepted.
*New graduate RNs who acquire their generic RN education through an on-line program will not meet LMC minimum qualifications.
- Registered Nurse (RN) Licensure through SC (or multi-compact state),
- Graduate Nurse (GN) Licensure through SC
o If hired with GN licensure, must pass NCLEX-RN by GN license expiration date to continue in Nurse Residency program.
- Current BLS certification.
- Immediately inform Management of receipt of official licensure notification by the Board of Nursing, denial of permanent licensure by the Board of Nursing, failure of NCLEX, revocation of temporary authorization, or any criminal charges (other than a minor traffic offense).
- Flexibility to work dayshift or nightshift, depending on unit needs
- While completing the RN Nurse Residency program, the Nurse Resident will be expected to adhere to the following organizational standards:
- Patient Care and Support
- Establishes positive rapport with patients, family, team members and other disciplines to provide a compassionate confidential environment, promote patient independence, and encourages collaboration between the treatment team members.
- Uses ethical decision-making processes and advocates for acceptable patient outcomes.
- Clinical Work Quality
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital and nursing division's philosophies and standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Provides safe, appropriate, quality of care and support to patients and family members.
- Resource Management
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Assists in performing and documenting environmental checks as required by LMC policy and regulatory agencies.
- Professional Responsibilities
- Meets or exceeds all LMC requirements for attendance and service expectations.
- Maintains required certifications.
- Completes yearly safety training and other mandatory classes.
- Complies with all annual employee health requirements.
- Earns a minimum of 15 hours of continuing education annually within specialty.
Why work at Lexington Medical Center?
Rated as one of the Top 25 Best Hospitals to Work for in the U.S., the heart of LMC is our 557-bed modern state-of-the-art facility. Winning the prestigious "Summit Award" from Press Ganey for outstanding patient satisfaction and the "Consumer Choice Award" from the National Research Corporation contribute to our reputation for giving our patients the highest quality care. Lexington Medical Center was also voted one of South Carolina’s “Best Places to Work” for 2019!
We are committed to offering quality, cost-effective benefits choices for our employees and their families:
- Day ONE medical, dental and life insurance benefits
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Employees are eligible for enrollment into the 403(b) match plan on day one. LHI matches dollar for dollar up to 6%.
- Employer paid life insurance – equal to 1x salary
- Employee may elect supplemental life insurance with low cost premiums up to 3x salary
- Adoption assistance
- LHI provides its full-time employees with employer paid short-term disability and long-term disability coverage after 90 days of eligible employment
- Tuition reimbursement
- Student loan forgiveness
We are located in heart of the Midlands, right outside of Columbia, SC, and one of the most successful integrated healthcare systems in the Southeast. As the third largest employer in the Midlands, we invite you to be a part of our ongoing success and join our LMC Family!
Career opportunities are available throughout our LMC Main Campus. LMC offers an engaging and supportive environment to begin your RN career!
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of LMC to provide equal opportunity of employment for all individuals, and to remain compliant with applicable state and federal laws and regulations. LMC strives to provide a discrimination-free environment, and to recruit, select, on-board, and employ all employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, or pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including but not limited to, lactation. LMC endeavors to upgrade and promote employees from within the hospital where possible and consistent with the employee’s desires and abilities and the hospital’s needs.