Family Medicine Job In Nashville, Tennessee
Family Medicine Core Faculty Opportunity in Nashville, TennesseeNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Family Medicine without OB
Job Summary:Our TriStar Southern Hills team is looking for a Family Medicine Physician to join our core faculty for a community based GME program for 2023 in Nashville, TN.
- Board Certified in family medicine
- Tennessee licensure or ability to obtain
- DEA with full prescriptive authority
- Teaching experience preferred
- Commitment to providing high quality, evidenced based patient care
- Commitment to teach residents and train the Family Medicine physicians of tomorrow
- Practice and teach comprehensive Family Medicine
- Provide clinical supervision of residents in an outpatient setting
- Serve as an advisor and role model
- Teach didactics and lead curriculum development
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including 401k
- CME and dues allowance
- No state income tax
- Joint Commission Top Performer on Quality Measures
- Leap Frog straight-A hospital
- Top tier in patient experience and employee engagement
- Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI and a Primary Stroke Center
- 300+ BC physicians in more than 20 specialties
- Our family medicine program is part of the HCA Healthcare Graduate Medical Education network, with more than 250 residency and fellowship programs nationwide.
- Building a network of innovative, patient-centered GME communities
Nashville is home to nearly 2 million people, more than 53,000 businesses, and over 500 healthcare companies are headquartered in the Nashville region, making healthcare the #1 industry. Tennessee has the second lowest state and local tax burden per capita, and no state income tax. Nashville ranked “Top 10 city to live after the pandemic” by Today and the Wall Street Journal ranked Nashville the second hottest job market in the country (2020).
Middle Tennessee is well known for beautiful scenery, communities rich in history, a mild four-season climate and outstanding entertainment. Nashville, the capitol of Tennessee, is a thriving metropolitan city with a population of approximately 600,000 (1.6 million SSA) offering a superior lifestyle and one of the best medical communities in the country - and NO State Personal Income Tax.
Nashville is repeatedly recognized as one of the country’s top cities for business and future growth. In 2011, Forbe's magazine rated Nashville #3 as America's Next Big Boom Towns and Kiplinger's magazine rated Nashville as their #3 "Best Value City", based on vibrant economy, reasonable living costs, and great amentities. Previously Modern Physician Magazine listed Nashville as 7th on "The List" of the top 75 places to run a medical practice in the country. Population, malpractice premiums, Medicare reimbursement, labor costs, state income tax (TN has none) and education attainment were criteria used in the ranking. In 2011, Nashville was given a Top 5 ranking by Travel & Leisure for its "Affordable Getaways" and "Friendliest City" categories.
Long noted as the “Athens of the South” for its sixteen institutions of higher learning it also provides outstanding Private/Parochial options with strong Public Schools and an expanded Library system. While the city is perhaps best known as “Music City” for its Country music beginnings, it has matured to offer wide-ranging venues from Jazz/Blues to the new Schermerhorn Symphony Center. The city’s beautiful tree-lined streets, excellent park system, two local lakes, Sports complexes.
TriStar Southern Hills has been a leader for 26 years in a wide range of state of the art healthcare, including emergency services, cardiology, vascular surgery, orthopaedics and oncology.
Serving our community since October 15, 1979, TriStar Southern Hills continues to grow and evolve. Since that time, the hospital has grown to 132 beds and now serves three counties, including Davidson, Williamson and Rutherford.
Over the years, the physician base has also changed. Starting with a small group of doctors, TriStar Southern Hills medical staff currently has over 300 members representing more than 20 specialties. All are board certified or board eligible.